beginnings

"Fuck" i whispered, pacing around the room

This room held so many memories. All my childhood collected into 4 walls. I take in the smallest flaws that can now be easily seen.

When did that small patch of paint came off the wall? Or that hole behind the door?

The hole can be easily explained by the multiple times Mark stormed in aggressively to annoy me.

So many memories are here, in such a small room. From the childish pink walls I picked when I was six to the doodles I made. It feels weird walking around in something that is so void of my personal things. The very things that reminded me of where home is. 

Now it is all stuffed in a trunk on the way to a new school. 

Hogwarts.

You guys deserve a childhood, a great school for great kids like you

We did deserve a childhood but we're way pass that. Mark and I knew that.

"Athena, you done grieving your room or what" Mark huffs leaning against the door frame.

"Shut up" I mumbled grabbing the trunk by the door "I want to remember it before leaving" i push past him. "I don't know if I'll ever come back"

He grabs my arm gently "We're coming back home" he lets me go, sighing loudly "I don't know when but we will be back, I promise you that much"

"I don't want to leave mom alone" I whispered looking at the picture hung on the hallway wall of us three. 

I knew he didn't want to either but mom left us no other choice. She was always so worried about our safety, worrying if we were next on the hit list. Seeing the admission letter for both of us gave her so much relief. That feeling was something I didn't want to take away from her, even if it meant leaving her.

*******************************************************************************

"where is the 9 3/4 sign!? I only see the 9, and then it goes to 10, there should be more instructions to find the bloody door way!" mom sighs annoyed.

I kept looking around ignoring the weird looks we got from the people passing by. I do have to admit it was not a common thing to see an owl caged up, much less two next to each other.

On the far I noticed a prominent color coming closer to us. Orange. I rubbed my eyes cursing at my contacts for moving, finally realizing that it's a family of gingers carrying the same things as us. There's a big possibility that they knew where to go and hopefully guide us.

"hello, ma'am?" i approached her with caution, she seemed friendly but she was in a hurry.

"Ron, hurry up please." she scolded the youngest of the ginger boys in the back. "yes dear?" she turned to look at me with a smile.