fate • chaeyoung

"You're so cute, are you enjoying today baby?"

"Arf!" I knelt down to put back the leash to Chimp, but he ran away and escaped.

"Yah, Chimp!!!" I ran as fast as I could to catch him but he's a runner, he's a track star. He turned left to the street corner and I lost him.

As I turned to the street corner, I heard a soft female voice baby talking to a dog, wait- to Chimp?

"Hey cutie~ where have you been? Are you lost?" I saw her caressing Chimp while kneeling down and saw me catching my breath.

"There you are, Chimp." I called Chimp and he jumped to me leaving the girl behind.

"...Y/N?"

"C-Chaeyoung?"

"Woah, nice to see you again." I scratched my nape and flashed her a smile.

"Likewise, I didn't know you had a dog."

"Ahh yeah I just got him a year ago."

"Oh, do you want to uh.. grab some coffee?"

"Sure, just like old times."

We went to our favorite old coffee shop and chat with each other. She was my lover back on college but after we graduated, we haven't talk to each other like we used to. Little did she know, back on college she said that she wants a dog. So I bought Chimp as a gift for her but we didn't end up together. She didn't at least have the chance to meet my lovely gift for her.

"So how are you doing now?" I wanted to ask her more but yeah let's give it a shot.

"I'm doing good, I was bored so I went for a walk alone for a while."

"Oh, um.. Chaeng.."

"Yeah?" She looked at me putting her hand under her chin cutely.

"Do you have, you know.. Someone?"

"Uhh yeah, he's busy today." Not gonna lie, my heart dropped when I heard she have someone already.

"That's great, I hope you two will stay strong." I nodded and fake a smile. She smiled back but someone called her, I assume it's her boyfriend. She excused her self for a moment.

"Hey love, oh really? Okay, see you~" I heard their conversation, it's making me jealous but I have to be happy for her. She went back to her seat after hanging up.

"Y/N, i'm sorry but he's waiting for me now. I'll see you when I see you!" She waved good bye to me and Chimp.

"Sure, it was nice meeting you again!" I watch her leave our favorite cafeteria back then.

"Arf arf!" Chimp attempted to follow Chaeyoung outside but he has the leash.

"Yeah Chimp, she's your mom...supposedly."

I miss her, I want to be with her again..

but I guess she's now happy with someone else.