𝗢 𝗥𝗲 𝗣𝗶𝘆𝗮...

Naina was feeling extremely exhausted after working like a horse in the office. She toppled her body on the sofa, and her bag was lying carelessly beside her. She closed her sleepy eyes, and said in a low voice - "Bhabhi, please ek cup chai bana do na."

She gently massaged her forehead, as she was going through a lethal headache, and to lessen her pain She badly needed to drink a cup of tea with a blend of strong masale. She tiredly opened her eyes, and saw her silent surroundings. Her Bhabhi, Janhavi, looked at her in abhor, and asked her - "Tumhe main kya dikhti ho...ek baar batao zara?"

"Kya hua bhabhi?" Naina was surprised by her rude reply, and Janhavi scolded her in a sharp voice - "Zyada bholi ban ne ki acting mat karo...subah shaam kaam kya kam hote hai, jo tum bhi office se aane ke baad hukum dene lagti ho...Bhabhi Chai...Bhabhi Coffee...maine kya tumhare bhai se isliye shadi ki hai taki tumhare gharwalo ki seva kar sakun."

"Koi baat nahi...aaj se main khud hi bana diya karugi." She replied to him with a hurtful smile, and reluctantly stood up.

"Haan, taki sabki sympathy le sako fir...aur tumhara bhai, use toh waise bhi kuch kehna nahi aata kisi ke saamne...uski biwi bhale yahan naukrani ki tarah din raat ghis rahi ho...lekin majal hai jo woh apna muh khole...tum sab ne mil kar mera jeena behaal kar diya hai...main sab janti hoon tumhari tricks. Ruko...main bana kar laa rahi hoon chai." Janhavi lectured the poor girl with a disgusted expression, and Naina almost had a few drops of tears in her eyes, but She somehow controlled herself, and said in a heavy voice - "Main bana dungi...aur aapko koi kuch nahi kahega."

Janhavi hummed with an angry face, and Naina unwillingly walked inside the kitchen. She placed the steel pot on the stove, and ignited the warm fire by using a lighter. She is used to her bhabhi's insulting and rude behaviour, but what hurts her the most is her own brothers never taking a stand for her. They just come there like an audience, and Janhavi fearlessly continues humiliating their sister in front of them. She knows she is a burden on her whole family, her presence is doing nothing but increasing their stress. But what is her fault if she doesn't have a fair complexion? Why did her own mother, who gave birth to her, not accept her dusky shade?? She has even ruined her soft skin due to harmful chemicals being applied over them, yet her Family didn't ever express their sympathy for her.

The milk slipped out of the pot due to her carelessness, and Naina mentally cursed her fate for always landing her in trouble. She grabbed the napkin, and started to clean the dirty kitchen. Her mother, Rama came there to drink water, and saw her irresponsible daughter wiping off the mess She created, and her calm expression instantly turned furious,  and She taunted her - "Kabhi toh dhang se kaam kar liya karo...humesha gadbad karni zaroori hai?"

"Sorry, woh main kuch soch rahi thi." Naina replied to her in a low voice, and Rama asked her with a stern face - "Sochna hi hai toh apne rang ko gora karne ke bare me soch...sab aa...aa kar humein taane marte hai ki aapki beti itni kaali kaisi hai? Aapke ghar me aisa toh koi hai nahi...ab main unhe kya hi kahu? Unka kehna bhi galat nahi hai...pata nahi tera rang kis par gaya hai."

"Main kya karu aisa...aap batao mujhe, aapke kehne par itni mehengi mehengi cream lagayi maine apni skin par, medicine li...yoga kiya...aur kya karu?? Agar mujhe bhagwan ne aisa rang diya hai toh isme meri kya galti hui? Aap sab yeh baat accept kyu nahi kar lete ki ab mera...mere complexion ka kuch bhi nahi ho sakta hai." Naina roared at her mother, and Rama was amazed at the way her daughter rebuked her in a terse tone. She glared at the courageous lady inside her, and Naina closed her eyes in annoyance. She didn't mean to offend her mother, but She was pissed off, she was frustrated by their constant comments on her skin colour. Ever since she has reached the appropriate age of marriage, not a single day has been there when She didn't listen to heart-stabbing words by her own family.