Lucas (unfinished)

As i pack my backpack my mascara runs down my face in, long, spider like lines and drops onto my fading, black t-shirt. "Stop crying. Stop crying." I order my shaking form as more tears pour down my blotted cheeks. I pull on my badged denim jacket and slip my feet into my dm's. I grab my last pack of marlboro lites and run down the stairs and out into the cold, starlit night. 

As i reach the park gates, I stop and light up a cigarette. I take a long drag as a heavy raindrop hits my face. It rolls down my cheek and gets lost in my many tears. "oh shit" i mutter to myself. I forgot to pack an extra hoodie and i can already feel the cold rain seeping in through my jacket. I push open the park gates and run to the shelter, where i pull out my book and get lost in the fantasy of late night kisses and warm, soft beds. 

"Now what would a girl like you be doing at a place like this at exactly 2:34 on this fine morning?"

The voice startles me and i drop my book in panic. it falls a little away from where i sit and i fumble around in the dark until i feel it's soft, dogeared corners and tatty cover. New books are a privalige I've never had. I look up and my heart melts. The most beautiful boy stands in front of me, slightly out of the shelter. His tanned skin is covered in small droplets of rain and his hair, a messy brown is soaked with rainwater. He wears a baggy, black t-shirt and a pair of faded, blue jeans. Both cling to his soaked body.

"Well?"

"I-I uh. Its complicated." I finally stutter out. He raises his perfectly shapen eyebrows and gives me a questioning look. After what seems like hours he motions his hand towards the wall next to me.

"May I?" I slowly nod as walks into the shelter and sits down next to me. He smells of cigarette smoke and lemon balm. It's a nice smell, comforting and I have a sudden urge to snuggle into him and fall asleep in his big arms. 

"My name's Lucas." he says, breaking the silence and making my heart flutter slightly. "What's yours?" He turns his gaze towards me and i catch sight of his eyes. They're beautiful. A bright green with a piercing blue ring around each pupil.

"Hazel." I reply. My voice is quiet and shy, like a toddler.