Frozen Heart (Alastor)

The staff of the hotel, that had took it upon themselves to be called "The Hazbins", were settling around a television that was turned to the 666 News channel. Alastor was walking out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee in hand. It was still fairly early in the morning. He was humming a simple tune while sipping from his mug.

"Welcome back to 666 News, I'm Katie Killjoy." Came some voices from the box.
"And I'm Tom Trench!" Said a different voice. Alastor let out a quiet, annoyed sigh. He never cared for the news projected onto television screens, he would much rather read from a news paper.

"An odd weather pattern is promised to take aim over the holy ring. If you were already adjusted to the heat, you can go fuck yourself!" One of the reporters chuckled. Alastor rolled his eyes. This is why he perfered radio and paper instead of live television. He started to drift off into a day dream while drinking his coffee.

"FUCKIN' SNOW?!" Alastor heard an irradiated yell come from the couch that all of the hazbins has been sitting on and the couch that Alastor had been leaning on. He finally looked up from his coffee.

"Snow?" I echoed as if I were paying attention. Angel's head looked up as if he hadn't heard him humming earlier.

"Dammit Al, I'm going to give you a bell collar!" He joked at him.

"I would prefer that you didn't..." As he was speaking he returned his lips to the rim of his mug, sipping again.

"Hey what's that?" Angel pointed at the mug Alastor was drinking out of.

"Hm? Oh, this? Just some coffee..." He replied, taking another sip.

"How do you make it." He interrogated more.

"It's regular black coffee, Angel." He tried to dismiss the questions, but Angel grabbed the mug out of his hand.

"This ain't no black coffee!" He chuckled pointing out the light coloring of the liquid. "What creamer do you use?" He snickered. He snatched it back.

"Hazel." He replied sternly with a nod.

"You bitch! That was my coffee creamer!" He shouted propping himself on the back of the couch, now staring eye to eye with Alastor. He was about to "pounce" on Alastor when they both noticed something out of the corner of their eyes.
Snow
At first it was hard for Alastor to recognize, he'd hardly never seen snow in his life nor in his afterlife. But Angel seemed to be a little less enthusiastic about it, assuming he had seen more snow in his life.

"God dammit it's going to get fuckin' cold.." He complained as Alastor walked closer to the window that was allowing them to see the sight.

"Hm. This is snow isn't it?" He gestured to the small pieces of white art slowly cascading down from the sky.

"Duh...The worst possible weather? Oh...I forgot you lived down in that New Orleans didn't ya?" Angel recalled. Alastor didn't reply, instead he kept watching the snow and drinking his coffee until he finished the drink.
______________________________________

A while later, the cold was finally beginning to settle in the hotel. Angel and Husker so far seemed unbothered. Meanwhile, Alastor was starting to feel the effects of the weather. Nifty was fine, keeping close to Husker for warmth, Vaggie and Charlie stuck close as well.
Alastor was the only one that had no defense besides his magic, but soon he would become exhausted, and his magic would give out, leaving him shivering alone. Thankfully his magic would last unless he used his powers.
Alastor was doing some paperwork when he heard a knock on his office door.

"Come in!" He called observing the demon that came through. It was Charlie.

"Hey Alastor! Do you have a pen? I lost mine..." She admitted. He thought for a moment. He only had his own at the moment, he patted himself down, checking his pockets.

"I'm afraid not, my dear! I apologize." He gave a nervous chuckle. He hoped she wouldn't ask him to-

"Can you, like, summon one for me? I wanna see what it looks like!" She chirped.

Dammit... He internally complained.

"I suppose so!" He really didn't want to, he would have to suffice to the cold for at least an hour before he would have recovered enough energy to continue heating himself up.
He snapped his fingers and a pen had materialized in his grasp. The cold wind hit him harder than he expected. He quickly tossed it to Charlie.

"Thanks Alastor!" She called as she exited the room, closing the door behind her. As the door closed, Alastor brought his knees up to his chest, trying to conserve warmth. His teeth started to chatter as well. He had to get to his room. He tried not to shiver as he opened his office door. It was even colder in the staffs living quarters than in his office.
Angel was on the couch with his pig in his lap. He turned to look at Alastor.

"What's up with you? You look tense." He pointed out.

"I'm fine!" He quickly replied, trying not to show his chills. He briskly walked to his room. As soon as he was out of view of any of the hazbins, he booked it. He practically knocked down his door, desperately trying to get to his bed. He finally got in and closed his door. His bed looked so cozy in that moment. Alastor flopped onto his bed, grabbing a book and pulling the covers over his head. He had to start brainstorming ideas on how to keep composure.

He felt his nose start to run. Then a sneeze. Another one. A cold. How would he hide a cold? He would just have to call a few more days off if it weren't suspicious already.
No.
He would just try to hide it. He could do this! He waited out the cold until he could use his power again.
He tried to warm himself up but the warmth never came.
Of course, he was sick, it wasnt going to be that easy after all.
He was sure being sick wouldn't last long. He stayed curled up under his covers until it was too dark to read his book.
As night fell it got much colder, leaving Alastor shivering, his teeth were chattering. He couldn't sleep. He jumped out of bed, rushing to the kitchen in only his top pajamas, baring only his boxers on his hips. He had to get some coffee, or something warm.
He entered the kitchen and started rummaging through the cabinets. He looked through the fridge but only found milk. Warm milk would do the trick. He quickly poured a glass and put it in the microwave. 30 seconds was enough to get it pretty warm. He enjoyed the warm beverage. He let out a loud sneeze that sounded like a fawn bellow. Alastor sniffled. He finished the drink and walked back to his room, letting out loud bellows along the way. The radio demon was feeling warmer, and fell back to sleep.

______________________________________

Alastor woke up to his alarm, slamming his fists over buttons. A song started to play as a result of his button mashing. It was a good song to wake up to. He took off the covers, immediately hit with the cold. Alastor stifled a few coughs, getting out all of the flemn in his throat before getting ready for the day. He put on some pants and exchanged his pajama shirt for his regular suit and bow tie. He grabbed some papers and made his way to the office, avoiding as much conversation as possible. He got into his office, slammed the door, and let out another sneeze-bellow.

[Author's note:
Let me know what you might like to see in the next chapter!
As for that dear readers,
Stay tuned...]