The Prologue

It was a particular night.
It came from a particular day, and now the streets are only walked by a particular man with a particular name and a particular place in the telling of our mortal world.

He is no angel, he is no devil. He is simply any man.

But that couldn't stop him, not from this purpose. Because on this night, this ordinary but specific night, he had a divine clock to match the ticking of. He was to walk a particular 1.3 miles from his home to a particular spot at the exact minute of 7:32, and to sit down at a particular bench to wait for the bats to come out from under the Peire Blacksworth Avenue bridge, as they have done every night before this. And this man, was to pray to his God for his life to get better.

This man, was a simple young man, in his mid twentys just finally past the cusp of devopling into an both an emotionally stable and financially stable adult. He's exactly five foot 3 and a quarter, enjoys baking when he has the time and his favorite color by far is baby pink, though he is afraid to admit it and has always said it was a forest green when asked.

His hair is a curly and untamed red locks and his face has a gentle honeyed look of kindness only enhanced by his sun kissed skin. He wears mainly whatever is closest to him every morning. Today's wear happened to be some sort of shirt with the brand of a band he doesn't even know, and sweat pants that can be described as cleanly scented rather then appearing washed and a un zipped light grey jacket with the occasional paint stain from when he made props in theatre class senior year of high-school. His shoes were worn from use, a dull and slightly muddy on the sides black.

His name is Damion Evangelous.

Damion has a job in pool cleaning on everyday minus saturdays, regardless of his degree in English he took little interest into literature, even when young always being more of the kind to run outside and play with the other misfits. He was near dead broke, and quite behind on his rent which wasn't helping. At the end of the day he could only meet up with friends for a quick smoke or to discuss the latest news. At every sunset though, he made sure to walk home, get himself ready, and go to his favorite place in his sunnyside hometown.

The park. It always made him happy to come down and sit to watch the sunset. Every night, at the same time he'd sit down at a particular bench to look over at the bridge as the sun brushes the lake only to leave all view. He'd always stay just after, as the bats would fly out of their small hiding spot under the bridge to come out and hunt for the night. Each and every time, he'd make a wish. That he could be in a different place, maybe a different time, he would even mid being one of the small pairs of blacking beating in the sky. Only if it meant he could live as he wished.

Little did he know he couldn't be more right to pray at this particular time on this particular night.