1. The Odd Couple.

Summer Lainley; 24 years old, from Brixton, London. Ironic that my name draws thoughts of sunshine and beaches, yet I was born in a cold, gloomy place like England, right? Then there's my best friend Paige; gorgeous as hell, but as dead as a door nail when it comes to book smarts. Do you think our parents were having a laugh when they named us? Certainly seems like it...

We've been friends since we met on the first day of university; both studying Communications and marketing, with similar dreams of being event managers. Paige wanted to plan music festivals while I wanted to get into the fashion industry and last year, Paige took a job as an assistant to a music executive in London. It's not exactly what she wanted and the company isn't a major label like Sony or Warner, but a smaller, indie one that deals with up-coming and self-funded bands. She likes it though. Me, I scored work as an assistant to a project manager of a little fashion label called Burberry. Yep, you read that right. I work for Burberry. Sure, I'm like a million steps below actually getting to make any big decisions or work directly on their publi events, but I scored the starting job of my dreams at the beginning of the year and from here, the only place to go is up.

I grew up in Liverpool and Leeds, but moved to London to study 5 years ago and I have been here ever since. The rest of my family are still in Leeds, and while I don't see them as much as I should, I keep in touch all the time. I have an older sister, Holly, who's 3 years older than me. We were close growing up but we're very different; she always wanted the husband and kids thing, while I always wanted the career. A couple of years ago, Holly got her dream - she met a great guy, got married and despite struggling to fall pregnant for over a year, is now 6 months along with her first. I can't wait to be an Aunt, but as for getting married and having kids of my own, well, it's just not for me. I'm much happier in London with my job and social life, and my  opportunities to grow.

I rent an apartment in a great area of central London with Paige and we get along like sisters. She's stunning, charming and always has people falling at her feet because she's so bubbly and outgoing. She could flirt her way out of anything and you better believe that she knows it. She's a party girl who's always up for adventure, but beneath her perfectly put-together exterior, she believes in fairy tales and true love, just like my real sister. She's the softer one of the two of us, the sweet one, the one who always plays 'good cop', then there's me... I hate to say I'm attractive like some stuck-up snob, but I am, though if I stand beside Paige I probably lose a few points. I guess I'm more dark and edgy, maybe that's why people naturally gravitate to Paige since she's more approachable. Together though, we're a perfect match. I'm pretty quick-witted, I'm not afraid to be myself and speak up and I don't fawn over boys. Nope, I leave that for my bestie. I thrive in the attention department though and I don't do badly with men at all, but I think my sass and strong-willed energy puts some guys off. Maybe they're intimidated? I don't take shit or play dumb to impress a guy, and I don't laugh at their jokes just to make them feel good about themselves. No thanks, I'm not an accessory and I'm not your toy. 

Together Paige and I are like a storm in a teacup; a duo looking for harmless trouble, extorting free drinks from helpless men who surround us when we go out, both unapologetically unafraid to admit that we love the attention, though I'm a little more stand-offish. Paige practically falls in love with every guy who gives her attention, where I prefer to challenge them. I don't roll over so easily. Don't get me wrong, I don't push guys away, but if they're arrogant or want me to just be some pretty girl without thoughts and opinions, they can go straight to hell.

We're self-confessed party animals... but we're young and single and don't have any trouble with getting whatever or whoever we want – so why wouldn't we want to be social?! We go out at least one night every weekend since we live amongst the action; dancing and drinking, and taking invitations to events in the fashion and music industries at every opportunity. We're not scoring invites to London fashion week or big awards shows or anything that spectacular, but occasionally there will be a store opening or album launch party that we can get invite to. We love those nights and like to act like we're celebrities, even though the most famous people we've ever actually seen at any of those events are former reality stars from Geordie Shore and Love Island. This year, Paige actually did manage to score an invite to the Brit Awards in London though. I was jealous as hell, but excited for her that she was getting to go to something so extravagant. Her boss from the record label went every year with a few employees, and even though they were in the nosebleed seats at the very back of the theatre, she snuck her phone in and sent me messages from the toilets telling me how cool it was. I could only imagine - not to mention how many gorgeous boys would be there. Swoon. The awards show ended at 10:20pm, so I was at our apartment in Brixton finalising my makeup, ready to jump on the tube and meet Paige in town so we could party the night away, it was a Friday night after all...