Chapter 1 Amina POV

My name is Amina and I am 16 years old. I am a junior in high school and I am Muslim girl who loves to read books.

I woke up to my alarm ringing for school I got ready and walked to school when I got their I saw my friend Sarah waiting for me at the gate. I went to her and hugged her. She hugged me back and we went to class. When I went in the class I saw Jake sitting there. I have had a crush on Jake since we were freshman's.

Me and Sarah sat by each other and chatted in'till class got started. Ms.Smith walked in and said we had a pop quiz. Every one in the class groaned but I didn't really care since I studied the night before for are test next week.

When class ended I saw Jake looking at me and I blushed and told Sarah. She told me he might have a crush on me. I denied and walked to the cafeteria and sat down at one of the tables. Sarah and I were chatting not caring about anything like always.

Out of no where some one said hi to us and when we turned to see who it was I was speechless. It was Jake Sarah looked at me with a shocked face. Jake said "Hi Amina you look pretty today". I look at him and said thank you. Sarah tapped my knee and smiled. I blushed and hid my face. Jake walked away and me and Sarah started screaming out of excitement and she said " Jake has a crush on you" I started to blush more and we continued talking about it.

When we left for home Sarah told me to dress nicely for school tomorrow and left as I nodded. When I got home I got ready and went to bed ready for tomorrow with a big smile.

I woke up at earlier than I normally do and thought about what I was going to wear. I pick out a white skirt and purple shirt with ruffles and put it on.

As I was going down stairs I heard a knock at the door, as I opened the door Sarah came in and looked at my outfit. "I love your outfit Amina" Sarah said. I smiled and said thank you.

Sarah and I left the house and started walking to school. On are way there Sarah gave me a small box and told me to open it. I opened the box and smiled at what was in side. In side the box was a bracelet with my name on it. I put it on and thanked Sarah.

We arrived at school and saw Jake waiting next are desk. We walked up to his and he said " Amina I love your bracelet." I said "Thank you and Sarah got it for me. I blushed while replying back to him. Jake said bye to us and left.

We were just leaving class when Ms.Smith stopped us and asked if we can clean the classroom for her. We nodded are heads and stayed to clean while Ms.Smith left. I texted my parents I was staying at school for a little longer and started to clean.

Me and Sarah finished up cleaning and walked out. I never noticed the note on my backpack when we were cleaning.

Sarah dropped me off and I went to bed wondering what Jake thought about me.