Never Let Me Go

Night.

It was my world, a place I could be my own. At the moment I was stalking my prey. A mid-aged male who, from his scent, had just disposed of his fourth rape body this year. I hated people like this, how can you kill innocent people mercilessly? But I guess I wasn't one to talk. I was a vampire and I just celebrated my four hundred and sixty-third birthday, obviously in the beginning I wasnt as careful about my kills.

The man coughed and leaned against the side wall of the dim alleyway. I felt remorse leaking off of him. But you cant regret what has happened, you can only move forward. And even as I say that I know he will not be moving forward for much longer.

I stepped from out of the shadows and forced myself to make noise so that his mortal ears could hear my presence. He turned around and gasped. I wasn't perturbed about his reaction, I get it from all males, and even some females.

I had long, thick blonde hair that reached a little past my tiny waist. My bright icy blue eyes could pierce holes through whole walls, and I had the body and appearance of a teenage gymnast.

Already his remorse had faded and from feeling his emotions I could tell he had found another victim. Too bad looks are decieving and that I was definently not as helpless as he thinks I am.

"Hey baby, what are you doing out at night all alone?" He paused and noticeably checked me out - pervert. "Why don't I walk you on home?"

I played the part of a ditz believably. "Sure! I just moved here so I totally cant find my apartment! Its really annoying how complicated big cities are." I smiled broadly and adjusted my top, which showed quite a bit of cleavage. His pupils dilated and his hands started to open and close into fists. Two key ways to pick out a rapist. If only cops would try and make connections like this, there would be a lot less deaths.

"Yeah baby, what's your address? I'm sure I can get you there quick." He stepped closer and took my hand, he reeked of cheeseburgers and cigarettes. Disgusting. But I pretended to enjoy his hand in my own.

"I never thought I would meet such nice people out here! Thanks so much."

I told him a fake address and he feigned recognition. "Oh! I know just where that is! You take Main and then turn left at San Marcos. Only four blocks from here."

We started walking, him towing me along. He dragged me past the allegeded Main street and after several minutes we came up on San Marcos, which he took a left on, walking across the crosswalk.

"This doesn't look familiar. Are you sure this is the right way?" I asked dumbly. He wasn't very discrete. I plastered a look of slight fear in my face, making his grin broaden further. It looked as if his face would rip in half.

"Oh, don't worry hun, Ill get you to where you're going." He grabbed me and pulled me into a neighboring alley. It was dark to his eyes but with my superb sight I could see every detail like it was daylight. He bumped around before his eyes adjusted, and all the while I pretended that I couldn't get away from him. It almost made me laugh at how easily I could kill him right now.

But I wouldn't do that, not yet. I wanted to play first.

"What's your name baby?" He asked me huffing his foul breath in my face.

"Ava."

"What a beautiful name, for a beautiful young girl." He barked out a disgusting laugh that ended in a fit of wet coughs. This man was complete scum. "Do you want to have some fun baby?" He pushed me up against the alley's wall.

"Not really." I replied calmly, not giving a reaction whatsoever, which kind of shocked him. "Id prefer to just go home, I'm tired and thirsty."

"I-" he stopped and shook his head. "Nope, I'm sorry Ava girl, but you're gonna have some fun whether you like it or not. Maybe you can go home afterwards if you're good." His mouth crashed against mine and I wretched myself away and pushed him, which flung him to the other side of the alley. I chuckled.

"I think I am going to have some fun. But baby," I said the pet name sarcastically. "I don't think you'll be having as good a time as me." I flashed forward and picked him up by his neck. "You're a sick man, and I feel somewhat sorry for you." I paused and smiled evilly. "Actually, I take that back, you deserve this and much more. Lucky for you I'm really thirsty so I wont toy around with you too much."

I tossed him against the ground and watched as he tried to stand up and run away, but I was on top of him before he could even blink. "Where do you think you're going handsome?" I sliced my fingernails across his wrist and licked at the small drippings of blood that seeped out. "Yummy!" I said chikd-like.

"Get away from me, witch!" He screamed before I cut him off by placing my hands over his mouth.

"Oh, I am much worse than a witch. Much, much worse." The opening in his wrist was larger now and I sucked at it greedily. "Did you know, that usually after a rape, if the victims survives it, they go into a deep deppression? Yep, its true. And many depressed people actually choose to slit their wrists. So I guess its only fitting, you've caused many suicides and committed many homicides you know."

I morphed my face from dumb blonde and took on the face of a very pissed off woman. "What you've done is cause indescribable pain and suffering to many young women and their families. I'm karma and its time I kicked your ass and give you back the pain that you've caused."

I whipped him around lightning quick and brought his arm out away from his body, and snapped it in half. He shrieked out in shock and pain. "That was only a sample. Are you ready for the entreé?" I laughed wickedly. He muffled around my hand, trying to say something to me, I removed my hand for a moment waiting for him to speak.

"Please! Don't kill me! I wont rape anyone anymore! I swear on my life!" He paused to gauge my reaction, which was unimpressed. "I have a family, a wife and two kids! What will they do without me?"

I glared at him, deadpan. "You know, I hate it when people lie to me. And I call bullshit." I could tell when anyone lied to me, as well as feel emotions and read minds. "You cant lie to me, ill know it."

"Fine! Fine! Im sorry for lying please don't kill me! I don't want to die!" He was reaching hysteria in his attepmt to sway me.

"No, I still want to kill you." I replied calmly. His mouth dropped open.

"How can you murderer me so easily?"

"Easy, I don't give a shit about you and so I can kill you without a conscience." I took ahold of his broken arm and bended it, causing him to scream out from under my hand, which muffled the noise. "Stop screaming, its annoying me." I told him.

I was tiring of this game.

My hands brought his neck closer to my open mouth and I could feel my fangs sharpen and my mouth began to water. His jugular throbbed and I couldn't resist the temptation any longer, I bit into the vein and felt the hot, warm blood pour into my mouth. Euphoria. As i drained him he flung his body around like a fish on land but soon his screams died out to a sick gurgle and I heard his heart slowly take its last beat.

I didn't like killing people, but I was a vampire.

Death surrounded me.