~The Agreement~

The deed was done. How did it come back? What was decided years ago had come back into the picture. The Captain had promised not to tell anyone ; not even Alison. Yes, Alison was the only one that could see him and the other ghosts but that didn't change the fact that his secret would change the way he would be seen forever. At least he thought it did.

The Captain had this friend called Havers, you see. During the War, they were inseparable. Well, that was until Havers left him for the Front, fighting instead of being part of the home guard. Captain had never felt so alone. His heart yearned for him to return but he never did. He had to keep silent about his feelings because he knew he would have to pay the price since what happened with Alan Turing. His heart raced whenever he read of people dying on the Front because this feeling inside of him knew that he could lose someone he loved. Havers.

Back to the present, all of the ghosts were sitting in a circle. Alison was being the sort of therapist in the group and Kitty was sharing the toxic relationship with her Sister. The Captain knew how her sister had affected her life (and death) so he rudely interrupted so that Kitty wouldn't realise how horrible her sister actually was. Alison was surprised ; why had the Captain done that? There was only one way to find out. "Captain, was there something you'd like to share?" asked Alison, in an accepting manner. Captain started to feel a tingling sensation in his fingers. Alison would never understand his urge to just blurt what he wanted to say out, but he had promised not to say it many years ago. Would he say it or would he not? What would Lady Button think? The bond between the two would shatter to pieces just like glass. "In fact there is something I'd like to say," The Captain stated hesitantly, "I'm, I'm, I-..."