Skele-tato

He was completely alone. His owner had long since forgotten about him leaving him to rot in this poor excuse of a thrift store. He had watched as people walked by his box each and everyday none even bothering to touch it. No one wanted the box it was old and ruined, no one wanted to spend the money to try and restore it and no one wanted it in it's current condition.

Jack didn't really mind it staying in the store tho. The store happened to be in a very populated neighborhood so he was always able to go out and lure in kids and their parents to meet their early ends. Always taking them into his world to finish them off and stuff their bodies with candy. A lot of the times he would leave the body out only keeping the most interesting ones inside his little world.

Jack really had no intention nor reason to move his box until today when the store owner had decided he was going to throw it out. He grabbed it and set it on a shelf were the rest of the trinkets the were trash went planning on throwing them all out by the end of the day after closing. Now he was going to have to move his box so not risk on it getting damaged.

He was about to move it before he heard a bell ring suggesting a customer had walked in.

This usually wouldn't have interested Jack as customers were always coming and going but when he looked to the door he saw a tiny... potato?

No no not a real potato but I potato.

It was a small skeleton monster, his clothes looking as if the drag him down despite not actually being that heavy and his eyes looked tired as if he hadn't slept well in a while. He wore a blue jacket with some basketball shorts and slippers. He looked like a potato. And to Jack a cute potato, despite him looking dull and tired.

He didn't seem to be looking for anything in particular, he didn't even look like he really wanted to be there. He looked as if he used all his will just to get himself out of bed and moving around. And for some reason Laughing Jack was glad he did.

The skeleton was... interesting to him. Sure monsters didn't come in here often but jack had known about the monsters coming from the mountain and overall they were uninteresting just like normal civilians that looked a little odd.

He had been curious as to what a monster looked like when they died but his interest in the skeleton didn't seem to be one of killing intent.

He watch the skeleton closely as he walked through the store looking but not really paying attention to any of the items. Eventually he just got tired of pretending to seem interested in the store and turned to leave.

This put Jack in a panic for some reason, he didn't want the tiny potato to leave he wanted him to notice the box. To take it home. So in hopes to get his attention he quickly moved the box to a shelf the skeleton was about to pass and the skeleton had almost passed it. But he swayed to the side for a moment as if he was about to fall from exhaustion grabbing onto the shelf to keep himself from hitting the ground.

The store clerk rushed over to the skeleton helping him off the shelf.

"Are you alright sir?" The clerk asked with worry laced in his voice.

"Y-yeah... In good now" the skeleton responded standing up on his own, still looking a tad tired.

"Oh good I'm glad you are alright do you need me to call for anyone?"

"No I uh don't really have anyone you can call to get me but I'm fine now really"

So this skeleton was all alone? Like Jack...

"Well if you are sure sir"

The clerk had almost turned to go back to the counter but not without noticing Laughing Jack's box and picking it up.