Consumed

He was crouched in the back ally, his stomach felt as if it were being ripped out of him, a thick layer of sweat settled on the back of his neck. He clawed at his skin, trapt in his own body.

The urge was too strong. The thirst burned holes into his throat, his tongue like sandpaper.

His heart pounded in his chest, it hurt. It hurt so fucking badly. Would this half-baked plan even work?

He cursed himself, it was always like this when he refused to indulge, usually, he would be in the comforts of his home. Not that it made that much a difference it all hurt the same. Every muscle in his body, tightened like he was being wound up from the inside, twisted and turned.

Yearning, aching. He screamed, body sprawled out on the floor.

Fangs dug into his bottom lip in an attempt to silence his screams but it was no use the pain was too great. He needed blood, his body craved it, he just needed a little, a tiny bit to survive.

He can smell them from here... the humans.

Pulsating veins filled with sweet intoxicating crimson. Their heartbeats drummed in his ears, taunting him. Each one a promise of warm flesh and sweet, thick blood. He can picture it now, him sinking his teeth in exposed necks, pulsating veins crushed between his teeth.

Blood was a blessing and a curse, it was sweet intoxicating, and everything he needed. but also an addiction that was hard to satisfy. He needed more and more it was easy to get carried away in it all it was easy to fall into the desires.

He raked his hands up his thighs digging his nails into his skin. The pain snapped him back to reality. Surely this will be the end of him.

His memories of his human life flashed in his mind. Small glimpses here and there of time in the sun, him smiling and laughing with faceless strangers.

It had been so long that their names were long forgotten. He could remember how the sun felt, the warmth on his skin, the midday breeze he loved so much. He missed watching the sunrise, missed his mortality. Those days were long gone.

He was part of the night, he answered to the moon and lived in the shadows. When they drained the life out of him he lost that spark, He didn't hold any more traces of the sun in him.

contrary to what many believe when you turn, you don't become pale and ghost-looking. The Moon brought him back to life. It Invigorated him, he looks the same as he did in life, except now he had a glow that radiated off his skin like a star in the night.

The change made the tones in his skin deeper, a contrast to the deep crimson of his eyes, his teeth pointed and sharp like daggers.

Now he fears the sunrise, dreads it. Each ray felt like acid on his skin.

Another chill ran down his body, the pain flaring up once more. He screamed in agony, the tiniest of movements sent sharp pains through his entire being. He did this to himself, by refusing to feed.

His brain reminded him that the pain could go away it can be solved with a simple bite.

       "Just a little longer." He mumbled to himself, his voice hoarse and thin. His lips cracked and hurting as he licked at them.

Once in a while, he fasted, refusing to feed challenging his nature and instincts. each time becoming more painful than the last. Being immortal had its perks, but it lacked struggle and pain.

Hoseok has seen the elders before him go mad, been undead so long they forget their humanity. Every time he was able to stay away, fight thirst and hunger he was able to remember, small glimpses of the life he once had as a human.