|•| Door Step

Nia POV

I just arrived at my parent's old mansion. Driving past all the memories I had during childhood, some I didn't want to remember but it was in the past.

My parents recently died in a huge car accident which is the reason why I'm here. I haven't seen my parents for a couple of years before they died but we tried to call occasionally

I got my things out of my car and walked up the stairs to the house. As I was walking I felt as if someone was watching me but when I turned around no one was there.

I grabbed my keys and opened the door.

 As soon as I opened the door I put my stuff done and explored everything.

After I was done looking around for one of the big rooms which wasn't my parents.

I started to unpack my things and got ready to go to the store to get dinner and some extra food. Before I left someone knocked on the door.

When I opened the door no one was there. I looked around but I didn't see anything.

I suddenly felt a cold chill down my spine, but I ignored it and got my purse, and left.

2 hour later

When I got home from the store. I put everything away and put something in the oven for dinner.

I walked over to the living room and turned on the news. As soon as it cut on breaking news was on " We have just got a report saying that the killer is on the loose again" they started to flash the address of where they were shooting from. I looked closer and it looked like my neighborhood.

I started to freak out because I just moved here and there's already a killer on the loose. When I looked back on the TV I saw a picture of the man

 " We are looking for a man named Michael Jackson. If you see him please turn him in " 

 " If you can..." 

Then there was a knock on my door

I went to go open it because I thought it was a neighbor or the police, but when I opened it I saw nobody there. 

That's strange because I swear I heard a knock on the door. Then I heard a banging sound in my kitchen. I walk towards the kitchen and saw nothing. 

Maybe I'm just hearing things

But that's when I heard someone say 

"Are you looking for something"

I turned around and saw the man that was on the TV. I was in total shock that I didn't notice that he was sitting down on my couch. 

He was just there with a smirk on his face. That's when reality came back to me. 

"Why are you in my house. They are looking for you at this very moment in this neighborhood. I need to call the police, you can't be here" 

So I went over to grab my phone and that's when the smirk on his face faded away and he stormed towards me so fast. I couldn't think of what to do next. 

"You will not be calling anyone, You know you why because your gonna help me out"

I couldn't even give a response back because there was a knock on the door 

We looked at each other 

"Say I'm here and your dead" He told with a glare and a mocking smile

So many thoughts are going through my head. Should I just turn him in and tell the police or should I lie and tell them I haven't seen anything 

I walked over to the door and look through the door hole. Then I opened the door

"Hello officer" 

"Hello, I stopped by to ask if you saw this man" Then he showed me a picture of Michael

That's when I saw Michael appear behind the door. That's when my anxiety when over the top 

" No, I haven't seen him. I just moved here well I just moved back here, See I was born and raised here but my parents died recently and they left the house to me." 

I looked at Michael in the corner of my eye

He had no emotions on his face but I knew I had to wrap this up

" Well welcome back to the neighbor miss. If you see or hear anything please let us know" 

" I sure will officer" 

I closed the door and walked straight to my kitchen. I got a glass of water and just processed what I've just done. 

That was when a laugh brought me out of my head

" Well I guess I should thank you for saving me back there" He says with a sly smile

" Well I didn't want to die so I guess your welcome" I said sarcastically 

That's when he walked up behind me and slowly glides his fingertips across my waist 

" What can I do to repay you"