Reincarnation.

"Cory! Cory wait up!" but I didn't, I didn't wait up. I just kept on running and I couldn't stop. It was like I was on a treadmill at maximum pace and the off button wasn't working. I just kept going and going. The sound of sirens ringing in my ear. They were close. Too close. I had to. I couldn't save Nick. I was the one who was going to get in so much crap for this, he just assisted me. "Cory, please man, wait up!" I could hear the wheezing in his voice as he pleaded. I finally stopped running, but only to give up. Yeah I shot a man. He deserved it though. He killed my parents out of pure jealousy and let me watch them fall of the balcony and into our pool. I was eight. Eight and I had to see something so traumatizing that it makes me lose my mind. But that didn't matter now, because I finally got revenge on that son of a bitch that I’ve been dying for, for 10 years. I turned around and saw the blue and red lights getting closer. I grabbed on the ledge and pulled myself up. I looked down at the murky water that crashed beneath me. "Cory! Don't you fucking dare!" I turned around to have one last look at my best friend.

"Goodbye, Nick Smith." I said under my breathe. Then I tilted forward and let gravity do it's magic.

Everything after that is a blur. Last thing I remember was looking back and seeing Nick get tackled to the ground and handcuffed.

So now I roam the streets without a care in the world. No one to tell me what to do, what not to do. It's like a dream you know. But this, this is reality. This isn't something I can just wake up from. This is real. And it's lonely. So far only one person knows I exist. Oh yeah everyone knows I existed, but they all think I’m dead now. But no, I'm still here and only one person - as far as I know- can see me. And that's Nick.

Nick's cell is like, well all the cells in Strangeways, boring and cold. Very cold. Well from what I can see with Nick's reaction to the cell, he's always wrapped up in his blanket, shivering his tits off. That should be fixed, seriously, it's unhealthy. I mean, I can't really feel the cold considering I'm dead. It's always the same temperature for me. I guess it's a good thing then.

"Thanks for coming Cory, I really needed you today." Nick said in a somewhat distant voice. When Nick first saw me in this state, he panicked and screamed like a little girl. He was terrified. He kept on repeating 'You're dead!' and 'He's dead' over and over. The police ended up having to inject him with the tranquilizer shit because he just kept on punching the wall trying to get rid of me. I was in tears. My best friend didn't know that I was actually there. But he's fine now, he's settled down and he's used to seeing me all the time. "I come every day Nick, you didn't have to worry." I assured him while laughing at his pathetic and unneeded thank you. "Plus, even if I didn't come every day, this is a day I knew I had to come." I was sat next to him on the bed looking deep into his eyes to figure out what he was thinking about, even though the answer is obvious. "Do you ever see her? Like, I don't know. Is she like you? A ghost?" Nick asked while staring straight ahead. He couldn't even look at me. Only because when I was alive I would have pissed myself laughing if he said something like that. But now I know it actually is real. "No Nick, I don't see any other ghosts around. I think only the closest person to the deceased can see them. And Lily was closer to her mum wasn't she?" Lily is...was Nick's girlfriend, she died a year ago from falling out the window when one of her 'friends' spiked her drink. "I miss her Cory. I really fucking miss her. I know I sound pathetic and everything, but... I've lost her, I've lost you. What's next? No one alive comes to see me. I have no one, except you, but I look like I'm going crazy when people see me talking to you. I might as well do what you did." Nick rambled, but I didn't think he was pathetic. Except from that last part.

"What the fuck man? No! You are better than I am. You have more than I had. I had you, and that's it. Lucky for me I still have you. But you? You have a mum, a dad, a little sister. I was an only child, Nick and both of my parents were an only child too. All my grandparents are dead. You still have two of yours! Your life is better than mine." I was close to slapping him right across the face. Why would he think of such a thing? Why? Well I guess I didn't set a good example, but he has to stay alive. If he doesn't, I might end up disappearing. For good. "Look man, I'm sorry that I left, I just thought my life was complete, I didn't care about college, or going to Uni, or settling down with someone I loved. All I cared about was getting my revenge on that man for killing my parents and I got it. So I had nothing else to live for. Plus, even if I didn't, we both would be locked up in this shit hole and we wouldn't be allowed to see or speak to each other. At least now with me dead we can talk as much as we'd like."