「 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚖 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚖. 」

- ☆ -

Third Pov.

Both Mitsuki and Boruto headed back to the Leaf after searching day and night for her.

"One day..." Boruto clenched his fists, "One day we'll find her and get her back." There was a moment of silence, only the sound of the moving train could be heard.

"Right..." Mitsuki looked out of the window with his dead eyes, "Hopefully that day is not too far..." He suddenly unravelled the bandage on his hand showing the multiple cracks.

"Mitsuki..." Boruto stared at it in disbelief, "Why didn't you tell us?" Mitsuki replied with a scoff.

"Sarada found out long ago and of course parent is aware."

"Orochimaru...he can't fix it?"

"My only two options are to reset, meaning he uses a new body to experiment-"

"Not at all!" Boruto cut him off.

"I wouldn't choose that either... I would've forgotten her. Anyway, my other option is to bear with it and I'm choosing that." Boruto was about to say something but the train whistle blew.

"We have reached Konohagakure." The PA said. Mitsuki simply got up and left. Boruto did the same a minute or so later. After getting off the train he glanced at Mitsuki's silhouette some distance away before going the other direction. Little did he know Mitsuki did the same as well before continuing.

One of them was lying about meeting Y/n and the other doesn't have a clue.

- ☆ -

Going back to the previous night.

Y/n laid there on the grass fiddling with her necklace. "I opened up more than I should've..." She pondered to herself. She glanced at the sleeping boy next to her and softly smiled.

"Ah...haven't felt like this in a while..." She then turned her head back to the night sky and laughed to herself.

"W-why are you laughing...?" She heard a drowsy voice say. His eyes locked with hers as he wore a smirk on his face.

"Sorry, I woke you up." She whispered.

"No...it's fine. I got really tired after that." He sat up and leaned towards her.

"How's Sarada...mom and dad?" He looked at her from the corner of his eye as she looked at the grass.

"First time you called them by that..."

"Hn." he sweatdropped at her reply. "Uchiha's are all the same." He thought.

"Sarada has been keeping our team together. Sakura-san and Sasuke-san are mostly the same. Well, Sasuke-san has been searching for you but can't do much without his Rinnegan." He said but kept a lot to himself.

"I see..."  She nodded her head before facing him. She pursed her lips knowing what she had to do next, "I need to-"

"I know." He caressed her cheek and softly smiled. She then pulled him into a hug knowing that the next time they meet, they won't be fighting side by side. But he didn't hug her back.