Njghtmare

The young girl woke up sitting up, and walking to her mirror as she did every morning to stare at herself. Changing into a pink dress that went with her hazel eyes quite well, then going back to the mirror. After staring for a bit, she decided she looked good enough to go to school. Looking around her room, satisfied with how clean it had been since she had just moved there. She walked out of her room to the kitchen to get a piece of bread since it had been gluten free. After eating she went to the door and put her shoes on and grabbed her bag. " Bye dad see you after school." She smiled as she walked out wearing her headphones. Finally being happy and away from her life in Nevada. She walked to school and went into class sitting in class with a girl named Ember she had met a few weeks ago. 

        After falling asleep in class yet again from staying up all night reading, she went and got her lunch then sat by herself. Having different lunches then her friend she sat atop the roof eating as a few girls from her class she didn't really know walked up to her. "You're gonna get fat, well more than you already are." A blond girl with blue eyes had said to her. "Hm?" Ayumi mumbled, glancing at the girls. Knowing their names from ro call she sighed setting the cupcake she had snuck to school without telling her dad. " What do you want?" Ayumi asked quietly, standing up. "Oh come on, I'm just giving you some advice. I'd stop eating if I were you, Ayumi was it?" She smiled as the other girl laughed. Ayumi grabbed the cup cake and threw it in the trash along with the rest of her lunch as she walked back into the school. The bell rang as she walked out of her school and down to the park. Sitting under a tree and drawing calmly. Her phone later started going off, showing her dad's number. "Probably got a call from the school" she mumbles to herself as she hung up and got up walking to her house with earphones in.

    Walking into her house, glancing at her dad who towered in front of her with a stern look saying something she couldn't hear. Not in the mood she walked to her room ignoring him, and locking her door laying on her floor as salty droplets stemmed down her face. She turned her head to see the pocket knife she bought without permission, and grabbed it playing with it as she sat up. She grabbed her phone seeing a text from her friend Ember that read, Sorry i don't wanna be your friend anymore. As more tears streamed down her face, she dropped her phone and knife, slitting her leg open slightly. Watching the blood flow down her leg, she took the knife and cut deeper not feeling the pain at the moment. Hearing her dad knocking on the door she cleaned the knife and slid it under her bed, then grabbed a wrap and wrapped the cut. Her dress covering her leg, she opened the door and looked at him. " Why aren't you at school?! I know for a fact it's not over!" Her dad asked, raising his voice. "I feel ill, Sorry dad. Just needed a small break." She said quietly feeling numb. He touched her head and sighed, " You might have a fever, go lay down. Next time call me okay sweetie?" He smiled and walked out to go sit on the couch. She slighted shutting her door and layed on her beed. 

    Later that day her mum had got back from wherever she had been all day. " Ayumi Tea time! Come get food!" Her mum yelled for her. Ignoring them, thinking of a reason not to eat she had rolled over and closed her eyes. Letting her sleep, they put some food in the fridge and watched movies. After she woke up, she heard screaming and silently walked to the living room door and listened to her parents fighting. They rarely did but when they did it was bad, her mum walked out of the house slamming the door as she heard her dad punch a wall. She went back to her room tearing up yet again. Her life had seemed to be falling apart again. 

    The next morning being a weekend she had got up, and walked to the living room to see her dad crying. " Dad, are you ok?" She asked, sitting next to him. He hugged her in tears tightly, " No i'm not fucking ok. Your mums in the hospital dammit!." She zoned out listening to him blame himself, then watched him get up. " I'm gonna go visit her, stay inside sweetie ok?" She nodded and sat on the couch as the salty liquid leaked from her eyes again. She got up finding her mom's depressants and took a few. As she went numb she looked at the ceiling and layed on  the floor as her uncle walked in. " Sup  kid?"He sat next to her. She waved silently, hearing her dad's steps as he slammed the door. " This is your fault! How could you ayumi!?" He angrily yelled at the girl as she sat up looking at him confused. " What did I do dada? " She tilted her head as she stood up. " Your mums in a coma and it's your fault! I hate you, why did I ever adopt you?! Get out of my house now!" He screamed at her as he pointed to the door. Confused and hurt she walked outside and sat down in tears again. watching the clouds float by she hummed, getting lost in her mind.

    She got up and walked inside to get her stuff so she could leave like she asked, to find a gun to his head. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" She screamed running to him and tried grabbing the gun. "What does eit look like fucking idiot. let go! I told you to leave, remember?!"He said pushing her away caused her to fall to the ground. " She got up pulling on his arm as tears streamed down her face. She screamed and pulled, as he ignored her."Would you stop?! You're so annoying, dammit! I wish i never fucking adopted you! Should have let you just die. This is your fault I'm gonna be gone remember!" Ayumi did not stop screaming for him to stop, " Please! You promised.." She trailed off as she heard a loud boom echo through the house. He dropped to the floor as blood splattered on her. Standing there in shock and tears streaming down her face, her uncle walked in and stared at her. Hewalked up to her and slapped her. "Look what you've done! How could you?!  You should have stopped him! You deserve to die!" He angrily threw her bag at her and pushed her outside slamming the door. With hesitation she walked down the stairs and to the sidewalk feeling the cold night breeze as she walked to the huge bridge that towered across the body of water and sat in the sand crying.

    After watching the water for a bit she took off her shoes, and walked on to the bridge as people passed by in their cars. She climbed on the bridge edge being about 50 feet above the water. Knowing the fall would kill her she smiled with tears falling down her cheek. She slipped off her coat she had been wearing, letting her long blueish greyish hair out of the braid. Hearing people scream for her to get down, she took a deep breath and took a step backward, falling toward the water. Hearing a loud scream as she watched the sky get farther away, hitting the water. Her vision went blurry as she sank in the water, seeing the light go darker and darker. Not fighting to breathe, she let the last of her oxigen out of her lungs, everything went dark.