Chapter 1

You walk down a familiar road. The one you always walk down after a long shift of work. It's like that everyday. You work as a bartender. Night shifts for you are the worst. It's when the city drunkards' come down and drink all their sorrows away. And this shift wasn't just a regular one. There were less people. You liked it when it was a bit more quiet. But it didn't last long. 

There's a guy that frequently comes to the bar. He wasn't just there for a few drinks. He was looking for a fight. And where else should you start a fight then a bar full of drunk middle age men? Despite having to break up a huge fight, you'd say that today wasn't the worst day you've ever had. You turn your corner. Inside of magic city, there were tons of immature criminals on the streets doing nothing more than pickpocketing old people. But today, you didn't see any. "Weird.." you mumbled under your breath. 

After a cold walk, you arrive at your small apartment. Walking in, you see your boyfriend, Almond, sitting on the couch. Asleep. The T.V was on a show that his daughter, Walnut, picked. You take off your jacket and walk over to them. Placing a kiss on both of their cheeks, and grabbing a blanket from your room. Laying it on top of them and turning off the T.V. You grab a cigarette and a lighter. You go out into the balcony, just looking out onto the city view. It was always so gorgeous at night. You and Almond both loved the sight, so you bought a high up apartment. You light your cigarette and start smoking. The cold breeze hit your face. It smelt of rain and cigarette smoke, but you didn't mind. You quite liked the smell. After finishing the cigarette, you go over to the couch and fall asleep next to Walnut and Almond.