Her Mission

It was a slightly chilly day at Enjeruuingu Park. The sun shone brightly through the trees, rays of sunlight shimmering and bouncing off the leaves. Children running around with one another, occasionally giggling and yelling out to each other as they ran. Not far from the park was a forest with an old walking trail running through it, with a small clearing in the middle with a large tree that provided shade in the otherwise sun-covered area.  A small child sat in the shade of this tree, She had long blonde hair that cascaded down her shoulders, her eyes a striking yellow, currently starting at the grassy floor. Her teeth were sharp, resembling fangs. Once again having been chased out of the park by a bunch of kids saying she was "too scary." She sighed, resting her head on the palm of her hand. She just didn't understand why everyone seemed so scared of her. she wasn't mean....was she? She wiped any incoming tears away with her sleeve as she heard a small thud from nearby. As she looked up her eyes met a pair of bright brown ones, that stared back with interest. Himiko looked at the slightly smaller girl before her, she had short brown hair, only two front pieces framing her face and falling past her shoulders. Her cheeks having a rosy tint that didn't seem to go away. her wrists were decorated with two pink identical bracelets, her smile was bright and friendly. 

"Hi!" the girl chirped happily as she sat down next to her. "Why are you out here all by yourself?" she asked her to look turning to one of concern, her smile not dropping.  Himiko was slightly taken aback as she returned her eyes to the ground. 

"I'm scary." she said quietly. The girl's brows furrowed as she quickly shook her head. she plopped down next to her. 

"no your not," she said as she looked at her. "You're actually quite pretty and very nice if you ask me." the small girl retorted with a large smile as she nodded. She quickly got up and spun in a circle, throwing her arms out. "This much nice," she said, a small giggle erupting from her. Himiko watched as she spun and after a moment a smile spread to her face, showing her fang-like teeth as she stands starting to spin around as well. 

"Woooo!" the girl cheered as she stopped spinning to gently take Himikos hands in her own, the two now spinning together. Himiko looked down at their hands, surprised at the sudden touch but not bothered by it and her smile widening as they continued. Soon however she could no longer feel the ground that they had been on so she looked down and her eyes winded realizing she was floating slightly off the ground, rising up slowly. 

"o-oh I'm so sorry" and before she knew it this strange sensation was gone as she thumped back down. The smaller girl's hands were now pressed together as she gave Himiko a look of worry. "I didn't mean to activate my quirk!" she said apologetically as she rubbed the back of her neck. Himiko only smiled as she shook her head. 

"It's ok."  and before she could get another word out a distant shout could be heard to which the girl looked towards where it had come from and smiled. 

"That's my mom, I gotta go" she sighed but an idea popped into her head she took off one of the bracelets, placing it on Himikos wrist. "there that means we are best friends now k?" Himiko looked down at the bracelet and nodded before looking back at the girl. "Great! I'm Uraraka." 

"Toga." Himiko said. 

"I'll see you tomorrow Toga?" Uraraka asked with a hopeful look in her eyes and Himiko nodded quickly, which made the girl clap her hands with excitement before the distant shout was heard again and she waved goodby before running off towards her mother. Himiko soon after decided to return to her home as well, Uraraka never leaving her mind as she walked down the sidewalk toward her home. As she walked into her backyard her eyes were drawn to a small animal, a bird, that she guessed had fallen out of its nest. It was small and fragile, it didn't have the strength to even move as Toga walked towards it. She felt a strange urge run through her as she squatted down next to the bird, before carefully picking it up, holding it to her chest. That was when the urge struck again and she saw what looked like a bit of blood near its wing. Her eyes widened and she smiled wide. She truly thought it was such a pretty bird, and she held it up towards her face. Before she knew it she was holding the now dead and bloody bird up to her parents. She only wanted to show them how pretty it was. After the incident, her parents started pressuring her as hard as they could to be normal, by the time middle school came around her urges were getting harder and harder to control. Between her having to suppress her urges, pleasing her parents by acting nothing like herself at home and at school the only place she felt she could set herself free was with Ochako, her best friend never judged her for how she acted. She loved her for it and Himiko just couldn't thank her enough for all her support and love, But her life came to a halt when she saw a boy fighting in the halls, she felt her urge running through her again but she tried to hold back until she saw he was bleeding. She ended up attacking him, wanting to drink his blood. Once she heard the screams of students who had just gotten out of class she looked up and saw what felt like 100s of eyes staring at her. She fled from the cops, leaving her life behind. Years later Himiko had long ago lost connection with people from her past. She was a villain now, and a wanted murderer. She knew there was no getting her old life back. She was sitting in the LOV listening to Tomura go on about his new plan. Every now and then playing with the slightly worn-out pink bracelet on her wrist. Even though she couldn't keep in contact with Ochako now she hoped that she hadn't forgotten about her. She listened as Tomura continued to drone on and on for what felt like hours until he said her name. 

"Toga, We need someone on the inside of UA, Most of us however are recognizable criminals that the heroes would takedown in an instant," Tomura said looking around the bar as he scathed at his neck. "We need someone who can easily blend into a school situation." he finished, his gaze landing on Himiko and her already wide smile widened. She was thrilled with the idea, she honestly missed school, and taking down all those fake heroes at the same time? It was really a bonus.  She nodded as she stood from her seat. She always had done her murders as her other victims to better cover her tracks so out of everyone she would be the best bet to go through with it. She agreed and they set their plan into motion, getting her applied for the entrance exam. Once she was called in and accepted to do the entrance exam all she had to do was get enough points to pass. She was standing outside the building nervously as she stared at the large entrance. she couldn't believe she was about to try and get into a hero school. she played with the hem of her skirt for a moment, giving herself a moment to breathe before stepping forward. As she stepped she heard a voice that she recognized, a cheerful and bubbly one that sounded so kind and full of energy.  As she looked around trying to find where the voice was she found her yellow eyes locking with brown ones, both going wide as they both fell silent, The brunette having stopped mid-conversation before smiling and putting a hand to her chest. 

"Himiko?" 

"Ochako!"