Why me?

"life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass it's about learning to dance in the rain" my mom always told me. My mom past away a few months ago my father had a major break down and ever since then my brother and i have had to fight threw abuse and starvation. My dad didn't care if his two year old son got cuts and bruises from him! Ever since my mom past away my dad has been a different person.Can you believe.... I pause. "NICOLE RAE MEL BRING YOUR BUTT DOWNSTAIRS" i hear my dad call. I rush downstairs "Sir" i say seeing my dad sit there a beer bottle in his hand."What is this?" he holds up a a noise making toy " That's for Ronald dad" I say nervously . My dad throws the toy at me and I saw the lights go out. I woke up the next morning with a very bad headache Ronald next to me sound asleep. "rinnnngggggg......rinnnnggggggg" my phone goes off I quickly answer it before my dad hears it . "Hello" I whisper "Hey Nicole this your cousin Reba you remember the one who lives in Miami, Florida!" I think for a minute or two then " Oh yeah how are you doing?" i said " Good i was wondering if your dad and ya'll would like to come visit sometime " Um........ " I pause in the middle of my sentence " Um....... could it just be me and Ronald ?" I told all the bad things that my dad has done to me and Ronald over the past few months she said " i'll be there early tomorrow morning. Later that day I got cleaned up and dressed and went to my friend's house and told her I was leaving to go live with my cousin Reba. I got home around noon when I got inside. There Ronald was head crack open eyes closed and not breathing. My heart raced i knew who had done it. I looked for my dad I caught him in the back yard with a shovel. That night was the second worst night of my life . My dad buried Ronald in our back yard . i couldn't go to sleep. All I could think about is why did Ronald have to die right before we left this place what did he do so wrong to hurt dad? Why me?