ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ | ʏᴇʟᴇɴᴀ ʙᴇʟᴏᴠᴀ

Dreykov called me to his office which was most of the time a bad thing... He used to call Yelena and me at the same time, all the time, and send us on missions together but one day he stopped. He said that being around each other made us weak.

"Your friend is missing" he stated as I walked into his office.

"What do you mean, Sir?" I asked needing an explanation.

"Belova is a deserter. Your mission is to find her. And kill her." he ordered.

"Kill her? But she's one of your best agent!" I said. Truth is, I didn't want to do it. I didn't want to hurt Yelena.

"Are you refusing this mission?" he asked, raising a questioning eyebrow. If I refused this, he would kill me.

"No, Sir." I reassured him.

"You have 24hours. Or I'll make the both of you my principal targets." he threatened. I left his office. My brain was spinning, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I would never be able to kill her, she was my best friend, my only friend... But I had to. Dreykov gave me an order, I had to follow orders, always follow them. It was physical I couldn't resist. He had control over me, over all of us. I started to pack my things, most of them being weapons. I knew where Yelena was, there's only one place where she could be : Budapest.

Before I left, Dreykov watched each of my training and insisted on injecting me a new product he developed only for me. I always fought against him even when all the others were giving up, it made him go crazy. That's why he developed a new serum to "make me shut the fuck up", to submit me. It worked. It was like I couldn't fell anything anymore. It ripped my heart off.

"Never let them take your heart"...

I left for Budapest; pretty sure I'll find Yelena in her sister's old appartement. She used in when she tried to murder Dreykov, I used to admire that women a lot but now, right now, I wanted to kill her as bad as I wanted to kill Yelena. I couldn't even try to fight it anymore; it was stuck in my brain : Yelena must die.

I was on my own for this mission which was great because I worked better when I was alone. A partner is just a big pain in the ass, it slows you down and hurts like hell. I liked working alone. As I was walking upstairs I felt a huge pain in my chest, as if my body was trying to tell me something. I arrived in front of her door.

"I know you're out there" she yelled.

"And I know you're in there. I just want to take you home" I answered. I heard her laugh. She knew. She knew exactly what I was doing there. I opened the door carefully, holding tight onto my gun with my left hand. I couldn't see her as she was behind a wall but she started talking to me.

"What did he do to you?" she asked.

"I have a better one, what have you done to yourself?" I asked back.

"It's called freedom, try it I'm pretty sure you'll like it" she sarcastically chuckled.

"Maybe you should stop hiding and behind such a kid" I mumbled already getting sick of this little game. I wanted to finish that mission quickly and efficiently.

"Why? Cause it make it harder for you to kill me?" she asked. She knew. She knew that even under Dreykov's influence I still felt things for her.

"Here's the point, I don't give a shit about killing you" I stated. I finally face her and she was holding her gun the exact same way I was holding mine. This fight's going to be rough...

"Put your gun down before I make you" I threatened.

"You're cute" she simply said with her strong Russian accent.