- Android au pt. 1 -

Android/robot and humans future au !! inspired by (and some elements directly taken from) "Flesh or Steel" by Dabiien on AO3. I really like the idea of the story but this fandom peaked in 2014-15, so it was basically discontinued-

It was quiet. Onoda Sakamichi didn't like the silence much,  The 20 year old had lost his mother three years ago in a mechanical accident. The kind people who told him the news hadn't given him much details, probably trying to spare his feelings. His life since has been filled with quietness, at times he was grateful, other times it made him want to rip out his own hair.

Lots of things changed quickly when his mother died. One: he had to sell the home he grew up in, the emotional burden was far too much, plus having the extra money was helpful. Two: Onoda bought this run down apartment in an unfavorable part of town. Some days Onoda wishes he could experience how the world was before the dystopian (or Utopian, depending how you look at it) elements started to bleed into society. He had read how Earth had been early on in the 2000's. But now it was nearing the 2800's, and things were much different. Including how payments generally worked out. Meaning he only had to make a one time payment to buy his apartment with running water electric and other necessities, (learning that things used to be much different made him feel grateful for being born in this time). The apartment wasn't in the best condition, but he was happy to call it his own. The dark haired boy had been there 2 years and 5 months and gotten used to the sounds of the building, and the steady rhythm that had come about.

Onoda was ordinary in a world of extraordinary people, at least thats what he thought, and people had their backhanded ways of telling that to him. Even his mother was as smart as they come, she was on a team of great inventors and even on her way to being the group supervisor. She was truly Amazing. Thats why it was strange that Sakamichi came out so plane, his mother loved him fully even though he wasn't among the highest intellects. Despite his nerdy appearance throughout K-12, he frequently got behind, in the end he was still able to graduate but with low scores he was unable to go to college. Which didnt seem to be a problem because he was fine ending his student career there. People like Onoda struggled in this world with everything being highly advanced.

This all leads to his current situation, he worked as a scrap rat, where he'd supply specific parts that he scavenged from junkyards, broken down areas or just the trash, to his workplace then they'd sell these odds to inventors. He got paid for whatever he brought in, which never really amounted to much. It was tiring and low profit, but Onoda didnt have anywhere else to get money. When he was little he thought it was crazy that not all inventors found their own materials outside, but now he was utterly grateful that they were often lazy, so he could have a job.

The 20 year old, had bare minimum for furniture, A couch and kitchen set up which had been provided, and a mattress he happened to stumble upon one day (He thoroughly cleaned it before he started using it of course). Not much had come of his life, and everyday was harder than the next it seemed. Simultaneously, the boy wished one day he would strike a thread of luck. Sakamichi didn't know what kept him going anymore, and some days he'd even entertain the idea that maybe he wasn't ordinary. Because, just maybe, an ordinary person would've given up already in his situation. Though he could endure the days passing, he wasn't sure if he could call his life 'happy living'. He was severely emotionally unfulfilled being alone, he had no one around since no one wanted to be friends with someone who was normal at best.

Sakamichi used to talk to himself a lot in the beginning to try and fill the sink hole in his heart. In recent months though, he had gotten sick of his own voice and the old habit started to die away. He desperately yearned for a connection, yet there had been no doors for him to open.

It was 4:30am. The alarm was blaring at him (one of the few things he took from his family home). Onoda peaked his eyes open and looked at the neon lights for a moment before turning off the alarm. His day had begun. He had to awake early in hopes of finding the good stuff before others, it worked sometimes. Grabbings glasses from the floor, and stood up, wobbling a bit before he threw on some tattered clothes (the only thing in good condition, was a yellow scarf he had gotten from him mother a long time ago) and grabbed a duffle bag, and set out.