One-Shot

Pairing: Steve Rogers/Tony Stark

Rating: M

Warnings:
-Possessive Behavior
-Stalking
-Obsession
-Dubious Consent/DubCon
-Fear Play
-Mentions of Past Abuse

𝗚𝗶𝗳𝘁𝘀 (𝗢𝗿, 𝗕𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗪𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗙𝗼𝗿)
__________  

   Steve had always been a sweet guy, with kind ocean eyes and a warm smile.  He was the person, the coworker, that you didn't mind seeing on early mornings or hard days.  He was always there for everyone, always offering pieces of himself to benefit others.  He seemed like the perfect man, attractive, funny, genuine, sweet.  How could he possibly be single? Nobody really knew, some assumed he was aromantic, others figured maybe he was private about these things.  Either way, he was the last person anyone would ever expect to be different.  After all, why on earth would they?  Every day he came into work, he held open doors for women and the elderly, he smiled and offered coffees to people having hard days.  He stayed, with a happy face and a pure laugh, kind and polite even on the hardest days.  He was everybody's dream, and everybody liked him, even disagreeables who huddled in their cubbies and glared at anyone who dared pass.
   Everything was basically routine in that sense, and Steve's life was about as normal as ever.  He was happy, even if nights passed, and he came home to the same dreary, empty apartment.  He was still happy, because despite the cruelty the world had to offer anyone who treaded too closely to it's claws, he found a way to make the people around him happier.  He had always considered that a win.  And because of it, he was happy.  He was content.  That is, until he started his first day.

   Tony Stark was probably the closest thing to a polar opposite as was physically and mentally possible.  He was the last person anybody wanted to see, and the last person anybody wanted to piss off.  He was brash, rude and selfish.  He almost never had sympathy for anybody, dismissing them with haughty comments.  Brushing them off inappropriate flirtations or biting 'jokes'.  He was hard to work with, he was loud and he was arrogant, but he was tolerated because of his skilled work ethic and his sheer intelligence.  He had a brilliant mind, and no matter who put him on their shit list, nobody could deny that simple fact.  No, he made nobody's life easier except those that he worked for, and even at that the twenty one year old was vexing.  He tried the patience of everyone and anyone who crossed him, especially people of authority.  He was despised, envied, and he bathed in it.
   Truth be known, Tony craved any amount of attention he could possibly get, and he'd leaned quickly the fastest and biggest way to get it, was negatively.  He couldn't care either way, in actuality, he didn't give a damn what people thought.  As long, of course, they thought about him.

   One day, the young male was promoted, despite his age, to the same branch as Steve.  And that's when the trouble began.
   Immediately, Steve had taken an interest in Tony and He tried tirelessly, with a wide smile, everyday to break passed Tony's thick barriers. He kept pushing, kept trying no matter how terrible Tony is to him, no matter how many times he'd been told to fuck off.  He most likely the only person in their work environment, who didn't like Steve.  In turn, Steve was probably the only one who liked, even tolerated, Tony.  However, what Tony was not aware of, was the extent of Steve's stubborn persistence, and their stubbornness may have been one of the only things they had in common.  He didn't know about the ratty car that followed him home every night, didn't know about the eyes that watched him through his brightened windows in the evening hours.  He didn't know the reason his dates and hookups never called, only assuming they were one night stands to them.  Tony didn't notice, too caught up in himself and his mind, that Steve was everywhere.  The grocery store, the park, the bookstore, the cafe, the bathroom at work.  He didn't realise anything was wrong, until the notes began.
   Before long, he started to find them, cryptic love notes, in his desk, in his car, in his house, under his pillow.  It was startling, and at first he had thought it was a prank, an elaborate joke.  But it became unsettling as it grew more and more terrifying as the weeks went on.  Soon enough, simple notes become chocolate, candies, stuffed animals, flowers, jewelry, lingerie, and even sex toys.  It was horrifying, and Tony  really should have gone to the police.  He should have told someone.   Except, he didn't. Because it was twisted, and it was scary, but for some reason, some part of him liked it.