Chapter Three, Doubts

Tony was pacing around his room thinking about the day's events when Jarvis notified him that there was whimpering coming from Mae's room, concerned he went to investigate. Tony knocked on the door a couple of times but when there was no answer he slowly opened the door to see Mae crying in her sleep her head tossing back and forth on her pillow. Approaching the bed he carefully removed Teddy from her arms as he sat on the edge of the bed and tried to wake her. "Mae? Mae! Come on Mae wake up your safe you and Teddy are safe now." Tony said softly but firmly as he rubbed her arm as he didn't want to wake the baby that he held carefully in his arms. He rubbed her arm a bit harder and jumped when she woke up with a startled scream and scuttled away from him. "Hey, hey it's okay Mae it's me Tony. Your safe now the three of you are safe." Tony soothed moving a bit closer so as not to startle her, again.

"Your safe Mae I promise." Tony assured the still frightened young woman. Instead of calming down like he hoped Riley-Mae burst into heart wrenching sobs not sure what he was meant to do exactly Tony carefully shifted Teddy into one arm as he moved closer to Riley-Mae and pulled her into him holding her awkwardly as he tried to soothe her. As Tony pulled her into his arms his scent filled her nose and her sea nymph started purring and jumping around in the back of her mind as she found her dominate mate. It shocked her that she suddenly stopped crying and just froze in his arms she didn't know if she was ready for that yet and why would he want a woman who had two children by different fathers. She was so confused, she didn't know what to do.

Feeling Mae freeze in his arms immediately started berated himself as he remembered what Jarvis had told them last night and rushed to soothe for least she have a panic attack or something. "Mae calm down. It's alright I'm not going to hurt you or Teddy or your baby I just want to help you. I don't know what it is but I've never like this about anyone, I just want to make sure your alright." Tony soothed. Pulling back Riley-Mae wiped away her tears smiling softly at Tony as he carefully passed Teddy to her as soon as he was in her send she immediately held him close to her chest to soothe her wrecked nerves ignoring the slight hurt expression that crossed Tony's face. "I'm sorry I thought I was back there." Riley-Mae said softly her shaking subsiding slightly.

"It's fine Mae you don't have to apologise. I know you don't have any reason to trust us given how you got here but I can assure you you're safe. Try and get some rest." said Tony smiling softly as he went to leave the room. "Tony." Riley-Mae's voice calling him back before he could leave the room. "Thank you."
"Goodnight Mae." said Tony softly closing the door behind him. "Jarvis keep an eye on them and let me know if something like this happens again. Don't let anyone go in there unless Mae says so and could you order some baby things, hopefully that'll help her feel better if Teddy has somewhere safe to sleep." Tony ordered quietly so Mae wouldn't hear him if she was awake. "Will do Sir." Jarvis replied. "Thanks J." said Tony gratefully as he headed to his work shop to start tinkering there was no way he was going to sleep now.

Inside Riley-Mae's room she had not fallen back to sleep as she too could no longer sleep after the events that happened in her room; instead she sat up holding Teddy close to her as she thought over all that had happened. How could she have a mate and why now she wasn't ready for that and she didn't know if she ever would be. It was just her luck that she had to be a Sea Nymph and a witch. She didn't want a mate she could look after herself and her children like she had all her life, she had all the family she needed in her babies and Andy whom she was separated from Andy would have noticed her absence now and was probably going out of her mind with worry.

Even though she wasn't ready for a mate and doubted she ever would be she couldn't help but admit that she did feel something towards Tony and that she felt safe with him, the only man she felt safe with was her Godfather Sirius and now he was gone. She didn't know what frightened her more. After all she's been through could she really trust someone let alone a man? She didn't think so, but her Sea Nymph side disagreed with her and she didn't know what to do. Sighing she leaned more into the pillows all she knew was it was going to be a long night and an even longer day, a day she didn't want to see let alone start anytime soon.

 Sighing she leaned more into the pillows all she knew was it was going to be a long night and an even longer day, a day she didn't want to see let alone start anytime soon