•chapter 1•

tw: homophobia, mention of abuse and alcohol

dreams pov:

the sirens started, they were coming, i knew it wouldn't be the last time i did this...

i ran until i found a wall to hide behind, you see i'm a 17 year old just wanting to have fun and run away from all my problems. I live at home with my dad and my sister,my mom died when i was 12 and ever since then my dad has became more abusive towards me, he drinks almost every night and wastes his money on drugs. my sister means the world to me she's only 8 i make money to keep her alive but how i make money is something i keep a secret.

*the next morning*

i wake up at 6:30. i get in the shower and leave it to go hot until you see the steam coming from it, i like the way it feels on my skin it's one of them pains i like, pressing a bruise i also like that pain or biting the inside of my lip they remind me i'm still alive.

i get out the shower and wrap a towel around my waist then brush my teeth. i go get dressed i decide to wear a collard shirt with a black sweater over the top then some black jeans and a pair of black converse. i wake up my little sister and get her dressed i make us both some breakfast and ride her to school. i have a motorcycle she sits in front of me and i give her my helmet to wear until we reach her school.

i hug and kiss her head and say bye she smiles at me and runs towards her friends. now i have to go to school.

As i walk through the hallways everyone moves out my way like they're scared of me. i don't want people seeing me as a scary person i want to be normal. i walk into math and sit down at the back of the class.

"uh clay that's not where you sit" miss said. i do in fact sit here she just moved me last lesson for no reason. "if you don't come sit at the front you will get a detention" she raises her voice. i still don't move i just stare at her. "okay that's a detention" she says as she logs on her computer and begins the register.

i'm not going to do detention i can't i need to pick my sister up from school. all lesson this boy was staring at me he had brown fluffy hair and dark blue eyes.
"do you have a problem" i say loudly without realising.
"stop distracting the class clay" the teacher says
"everyone else was talking" i argue back the whole class went silent
"i could only hear you though" she says rather rudely
"fuck off" i whisper quietly. she stares at me
" do not use that language in my class, GET OUT" she shouts pointing to the door
"gladly" i say leaving. i decide to go to the library it's quiet in there plus everyone should be in class so even better.

As i was walking i heard sir call my name.
"clay, clay" i turn around its mr.phil
"hi" i give a light smile hes my favourite teacher he actually understands me and he's not like the others
"do you want to come in to my office and talk?" he says rubbing my back, i nod.

we walk into his office i see a new kid sitting on a chair. "who are you" i say trying to not sound rude
"oh uh george" he says his accent is strong
"cool i'm clay" i say hopefully george won't see my as scary and mean. he smiles at me.

"so why were you out of lesson clay" phil says coming back into the room
"i got sent out" he looks at me "what for"
"talking i think the teacher just targets me though sir everyone else was talking to and i get into trouble it's a piss take sir she's a joke" i say and he just nods
"can you do me a favour for me and show george around the school, it will also get you out of class with out getting into trouble for it" he says and smiles at me "sure" i nod

we begin walking. we haven't made it to the end of the hallway and i'm already sick of george he won't shut up, he's annoying me he's talking about his past and how he ended up here i think i zoned out like 2 minutes ago "can you shush it for 5 minutes " i say accidentally in a harsh tone
"yeh uh sorry" he apologises, we walk in silence, the only words spoken are when i tell him which classes are where. the second bell goes since i've been with george so that means it's lunch, i leave george behind and go to the lunch hall.