Chapter 1

A/N: Hello everyone! This is a new story im writing. The main characters are Alex and Miss. Misa has long blondish hair with blue eyes. Alex has brownish wavy hair but she had to cut it all off so now she has short hair :). She's also naturally flat chested (>U<). I hope you enjoy and if their are any errors, please let me know!

TW: eating disorder, depression

         Alex's POV

       Today is the first day of high school. This summer I didn't work on myself at all. I pretty much just cut all my hair off and managed to not make any new friends. I mostly stayed in bed and read, or occasionally binged shows. I didn't get up to eat, even when I was starving...it shows.

Only sometimes my mom would check up on me and bring me dinner. My bed was like a bottomless pit and I didn't know how to escape. But today, that all changed.

      I woke up from my extruding alarm and contained my anger to bang it against the wall. I flipped out of bed and made my way to my dresser. I pulled out a black, partly over-worn, band shirt and a pair of baggy jeans.

      When I finished brushing my teeth and giving myself a valid thumbs up in the mirror, I headed downstairs. "Hey, little princess!" I ruffled my little sister's hair as I walked across the kitchen.

"I'm heading to school now!" I shouted so the whole house could hear, which was only my mom and sister. I kissed my mom on the cheek and exited my house.

      Once I arrived at the school from my bus, I opened my book and put my headphones on. My heart rate increased but my headphones seemed to drone out the rhythmic beating.

     As I made my way around the courtyard, I heard a loud scream. Coming from a girl with the most gorgeous orange hair that was swinging as she ran. My best friend, Cedar. The only person that had the nerve to talk to me.

      "Hi!! How was summer?! And woah, your hair. Ugh, I didn't know how big this school was." She rambled.
     "It was....great!" I said sarcastically. She instantly dropped her happy expression and slapped me on the side of the head.

"Hey! What was that for?!" I yelled, getting ready to hit her back. "You promised me you would actually get out of bed this summer." She remarked, somehow reading my mind, leaving my jaw dropped.

"Stay away from me, witch!" I quickly ran, laughing. She chased me around the school until I made it to my locker.

We were both out of breath. Smiling at each other. Just as I was about to say something, she came up to me.

    "You had to be at my school again," she snarked and continued, "and you have the locker right next to me." She pushed me up against the lockers.

"I almost didn't recognize you. You really can't seem to get out of my way, huh?" Why did Misa have to be here again? I've been in the same school as her since grade school.

We were both very popular in grade school but not in the same group. I was popular for being alone all the time, and she was popular for being friends with everyone.

In middle school, she noticed me and started annoying me. She pissed me off. But she did look different this year. A good different.

After zoning out, I came back to life. "Why do you even care?" I questioned.

Her face became monotone, not showing any emotion. "I don't." Simply, that was her answer. She really wasn't mean which made me laugh.