Simula

SimulaDalilah Armela St

Simula
Dalilah Armela St. Pierre

A smile slid up at the corners of my lips as I stood in front of my pink, full-length mirror that matched the walls of my room, me looking so happy and satisfied with how I looked. Just a bit of blush on and lip tint were all I needed, anyway. Actually, I did not need to put them on because I was already pretty as I was, but because I had American blood, my skin was naturally white, more on the paler side, so I needed to put these to add color to my skin.

Humagikhik ako sa naisip at saka umikot-ikot sa harapan ng salamin, hindi na makapaghintay pa na pumasok sa school. Today was my first day at Senior High and that meant I was going to see my Vinicake everyday again, although, nagkikita naman kami, parati pa nga dahil magkapitbahay lang kaming dalawa at halos sa kanila na ako tumira. Uncle Davin and Aunt Nina were so okay with me being always in their house. In fact, they already treated me as their own child, I was soon going to be their daughter-in-law, anyway. We already had that bond. But still, I couldn’t seem to get enough of their son.

I already missed my Vinicake and it had only been eight hours since I last saw him. That love of my life who grew up so freaking handsome and tall, so very tall like trees that made me want to be a squirrel on the other hand so that I could always cling onto him. Grabe ang itinangkad ng isang ‘yon ngayon! I couldn’t say that puberty hit him hard, kasi bata pa lang kami ay guwapo na talaga siya. Hindi siya dumaan sa pagka-pangit tulad ko. Maganda na ako bata pa lang kaya naman bagay na bagay talaga kaming dalawa para sa isa’t isa.

I chuckled revisiting all the things I had done when we were still young. I could still remember, I was only nine years old when I confessed my love to him and kissed him on the lips in front of our classmates. At dahil mga inggiterang froglets sila, isinumbong nila ako sa teachers at ayon, ipinatawag sa principal’s office ang parents ko. I would never forget the look on Dee-dee when he learned about his babydoll kissing a boy. It was so epic! Especially when Mumeee hit him at the back of the head, so angry and in misery while asking the Heavens above why did I ever have to inherit his attitude.

Isang pagtikhim mula sa pintuan ng kuwarto ko ang nagpatigil sa akin sa mga iniisip ko. And speaking of Dee-dee, when I tilted my head to that direction, I found the ever so pogi daddy of mine, Dallas Archer St. Pierre, leaning at my doors, his arms crossed against his chest, again, looking very pogi in his office attire, his hair was slicked back and while slightly shaking his head at me, no, more on the skirt I was wearing.

“Seeing you now all grown up, it makes me want to go back to the time where you are still my little munchkin,” aniya. “Jesus, Mary, and Joseph, I’d rather you boyish than wearing that kind of clothes. Isn’t that too short, hmm?” he added, growling low and while looking so against at my clothes choice.

Today was just the first day of school and we were not yet required to wear uniform. That was why I wore the prettiest dress in my closet that happened to be the shortest, too. But it was not too revealing, anyway. I just wanted to look at my prettiest. I wanted to be the only girl Vinicake would be looking at. For sure kasi ay marami na namang magpapapansin sa kaniya.