Chapter One

Red, yellow, orange, golden, brown. All different shades of leaves were scattered upon the sidewalk. It was September & my favorite season of all. Autumn. It was so beautiful & such a nice time of year.

But I couldn't help to find it depressing this time around. Wasn't much to enjoy besides the beauty.

The long nights out drinking with friends, the corn mazes, the campfires, celebrating Halloween together.. All the fun times. Gone. & not coming back.

I let out a sigh & decided not to mourn in my thoughts. Which is what I did majority of the time. It became a norm and a bad habit. I could think myself into a bad mood, in no time at all.

I was walking home from hell-Or what other people would call, school. I had just moved to Springfield a week ago. No one really talked to me much besides complimenting me on my waist length, long, bright bright red hair.

But the word was out about me. I was known as the "mysterious new girl" , which I really, really was not. But it was a nice thought, so if that's what they think- So be it.

Still learning my way around the neighborhood, I took a chance of going down a road I was sure led me to my house somehow. Well.. Let's face it, I had no clue but I didn't give a fuck either. Least if I got lost, I was spending time outside for once.

Also, getting time away from the drunken psycho that was probably waiting up for me at home.

Ahead of me I saw a group of boys from school in an older grade, outside a house, crowded around a sexy, black car. Smoke was flooding from the windows of the car and I heard multiple coughs. That automatically got me craving the bud I had at home, quickening my pace. I didn't care what anyone thought about me smoking pot. It became my escape, it made reality better, it made me happy. At this point in life, I was all for anything that made me happy.

Passing the guys I heard numerous whispers, whistles, & laughs. I wasn't sure to take it as a good or bad thing.

I'd like to think good. I wasn't conceited in the least bit, but I knew I was close to a Victoria's secret model's body , (which I didn't ask for. it's a blessing and a curse) , But with a bit more meat on my bones of course. I wasn't a walking advertisement for anorexia.

I got nervous and power walked/ran the rest of the way home. Bad with guys? Psh.. Whaaaatt..

Soon as I stepped in the door, I felt the wrath of my drunken mother. Blaming me for my fathers absence, for me not being the perfect daughter so we could've stayed back in New York, for our shortage of money.. exc. What doesn't the woman blame on me? But she truly tried her best when she was sober I thought. She was just hurting, badly. She needed to let off some steam.

I just had to get out of the house once things were starting to be thrown. Pictures, glasses, dishes. I grabbed my purse which included: my bud, wraps, a bowl, lighters, cigarettes, lip gloss, my phone, & headphones. And I walked down familiar streets. I didn't know where I was going. Or what I was doing. But I was doing something & I was not going back to that house tonight.

I was so frustrated and caught up in my thoughts. How could she still blame this on me? How could she- "HEY SEXY GIRL, WHY ARE YOU CRYING!?"
I turned to see the group of guys from school I saw on my way home. They looked like skaters or burn outs; Not the typical jocks i saw around all day. Still, attractive they were. I looked around confused, Touching my face, I realized I was crying. Then I realized they were talking to me.

OH! I was sexy girl..?