「 𝚃𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑. 」

- ☆ -

Sakura took a sharp breath in as her Byakugo seal went back into the diamond.

Her hairs untucked from her ear and covered half her face as she gave a shaky breath out.

"How do I get out of here." She huffed.

Her head snapped towards the bushes. Only a silhouette was seen.

"Come out, I know you're there." She said, holding a Kunai behind her back.

"Alright." Sakura heard a reply. Slowly, the figure came out.

"You..." She said quietly, still holding a frown on her face.

"Mama." She smiled at her, "I mean no harm...at least not me. I just want to talk."

"Y/n..."

"Please, I don't have much time." She spoke. Sakura was hesitant at first but lowered her weapon.

"You feel different from who we just fought."

"I'm just a memory which is alive. I can't harm you nor do I want to."

There was a moment of silence as Sakura collected her thoughts. She had to talk about it now, she didn't know when she could do it after this. She pursed her lips before continuing, "I'm so sorry-" She felt disgusted, ashamed not remembering her own child.

"It's not your fault..." Y/n slowly walked towards her.

"How old are you?" Sakura asked her.

"Fourteen. Sometime after the fight with Isshiki." She hummed. Sakura wanted to talk about her betrayal. It had hurt a lot of people, Mitsuki the most. But when she looked at her daughters' face all she saw was pain.

For once she wanted to be there for her. All the years she missed being with her. Even though these few minutes won't make up for all that time they lost, she wanted to start making up for it now.

"How have you been?" Sakura cupped her cheeks and let out a small laugh. Y/n just smiled, finally feeling her mother's touch after years.

"Been better..." she nuzzled into her hand.

"Have you been eating well? Sleeping well? Drinking enough water-"

"Mama." She interrupted.

"Hm?"

"I've been eating good food. Where I'm living now is not all bad. Sleep on the other hand is still hard," Sakura's expression twisted into concern as she spoke those words.

"When was the last time you properly slept?" She traced her thumb under Y/n's eyes.

"Near Papa when we left for training. But it's okay, Orochimaru-sama and Mam- I mean Karin-san has been helping me." Sakura looked down with guilt.

"I'm sorry for not being there for you when you needed me...I'm really really sorry." Sakura lowered her head and rested it on her daughter's shoulder.

A tear slipped from her eye as it fell on Y/n's clothes.

"B-but I'm glad it was Karin who was there for you and took care of you." She said between sobs.

"Mama...it's okay. You remember now, it's all that matters." Y/n reassuringly rubbed her back.

"But- I hurt you so much...I remember the time when you knocked on our door...Sarada and I just stared at you, confused. Why did this happen? Why is it always us?"