This is a 1 shot lol

I still couldn't sleep.
It'd been three days since we'd been stuck on nega-earth, and I still hadn't gotten a good night's sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, I got taken over by my mind; my thoughts rushing, emotions fighting one another. I'd never felt this way before. Before meeting him it was all this numb feeling, sometimes accompanied by an overhwelming feeling of despair or fear of what my father would put me through.
This was different, though. It was something I'd never felt before. Everything I'd seen on tv, every movie I'd acted in had made more sense ever since. "Family" wasn't just a word anymore, it was a reality reeling closer to me every step he took. It was a reality I'd been running from, for I was scared of it. Scared of warmth, scared of hope. Sure, the light was there, but there was comfort in the darkness. There was comfort in the sense of despair that I'd never get out, that I'd always be a tool for the government to use; and every spark of hope he'd tried to give me was a threat to that.

I decided to take a stroll in the woods, to distract myself from all the thoughts swimming around in my head. Sure, I was in danger of a QEX attack, especially at night; but I was too numb to care. "I'd be happy to die" I thought to myself.
The trees were unbelievably tall, and the only leaves that could be seen in the dark of the night were the dried ones I'd been trampling over on the floor. The cold winds were hitting my skin, giving me goosebumps. I was shivering in the cold. It almost felt good. Felt good to be uncomfortable physically; since it was a distraction from the war going on inside my mind.

"Hannah! Where are you going!" I heard the voice that I'd grown familiar with shout behind me. The voice of the boy who loved me more than he loved himself. The voice of the boy who'd saved my life when he was barely holding onto his. "It's dangerous out there, you could be killed!"

"I don't care. Leave me alone." I answered, picking up my pace so that he wouldn't be able to reach me.

"I'm sorry! I can't let you go there. Please come back to the base and I won't bother you." He shouted from behind me, picking up his pace aswell.

"Why do you care? We're all stuck here."  I said, stopping in my tracks and looking back.

"Don't say that. We'll all get out of here, I promise you! He said, after taking a few steps towards me. "Now please come back and I'll leave you alone. I can't let you go like this, I'm sorry." he added after.

"Okay, but I'll run so fast back here if you don't leave me alone. So go! I'll come behind you." I didn't know whether he'd trust me, but I had decided it was better to just sit in the base rather than going back and forth with him, and I wasn't about to make a kid with a heart disease run behind me in the dead of the night since it would create more problems for me anyway.

"Thank you." He said, looking back at me for a second to make sure I was walking. He somehow still'd had good faith in me, even after I'd proven otherwise countless times. It was baffling.

I walked back to the base after he was out of my sight, and sat by the cliff I'd been siting by every day.

"Can't sleep?" I saw Homi standing by my shoulder, keeping a slight distance.

I glanced at him angrily to remind him of the deal we'd made.
"Sorry." He said. "I'll back off. I was just worried."  He took a few steps back.

"Go back to sleep. Did you just stay away to nag me? Ugh." I added.

"No I just... woke up from pain in my chest, and noticed you were gone. I was worried so I looked around. Sorry."  he answered quietly.

"Ugh. You're real stupid..." I said, taking a deep sigh. "Don't bother me if you can't sleep again. Just do something else. Anything other than annoying me." I said, raising my voice slightly.