Chapter XIV: Tourney Game/ Did I Mention

_______________________

Location: Tourney Field

(Dougie, Pixie and Tom are getting ready for the tourney game)

Announcer: This is a nail-biter, folks. There's 47 seconds left on the clock. We're all tied up. The Sherwood falcons, two. The fighting knights, two. What a game between Auradon's fiercest rivals.

Dougie: Get 'em, Ash.

Ashley: Thanks, Doug.

Announcer: The teams get into their huddles and take up positions along the kill zone. Akiho! The dragoneers have been laying down a withering hail of fire.

Coach Jenkins: You're up.

Announcer: And now a substitution...

Dougie: Coach, how about my buddy here?

(He points at Tom)

Coach Jenkins: Oh, no. Not so sure about that.

Dougie: Coach, he's been practicing.

Coach Jenkins: Dougie...

Dougie: And you said yourself a team is made up of a bunch of parts.

Tom: Dougie, I'm not that good.

Dougie: Well, he's kind of like my brain.

Coach Jenkins: Come here! You heard him. Get out there!

Dougie: Don't worry, bro. I got your back.

Tom: How about my front?

Dougie: Pfft. Get out there.

Announcer: He's bringing that hothead Dougiein from the Isle of the Lost and that little guy Tom can barely hold a shield.

All: Break!

Announcer: When they break from their huddles, this is gonna be a big moment here. And the tipoff is ready. Here we go. Long pass goes to Dougie . Dougie dishes off to Pixie. Nice little block by Tom. He does a little dancing jig in his opponent's face. And now Dougie gets the ball back.
Here comes Dougie! Dougie, hurdling maneuver at mid-field.

Pixie:  I'm open!

Announcer: Dougie makes a nice pass to Pixie through the kill zone.

Pixie: Dougie!

Announcer: Big block by Ashley! Pixie moves over wide, gives it back to Dougie. He's in the clear! Shot!
Oh, what a save by Philip the Faalcons' goalkeeper!

Pixie:  Come on! All right, all right, let's do it!

Coach Jenkins: Come on, guys! Come on, hustle, hustle!

Announcer: 23 seconds left. You could cut the tension with a sword. The long ball is played into Dougie. Dougie, great jump, great leap. And a great move by Dougie. Big block from Ashley. Dougie dishes off to Pixie. And then Tom with a big block, goes down. Dougie through the kill zone, picks up Tom. Oh, he's being hammered by dragon fire. Still, going on. Tom, hurdling maneuver at mid-field. He's in the clear. The ball goes back to Dougie.

Tom: Hey, Dougie!

Dougie: Tom?

Tom: Go up! Pixie!

Announcer: He passes to Pixie. She scores! Pixie has won it! What an unselfish play by Dougie! What a team! Incredible! And it's the new guys, Dougie and Tom, who set up Pixie for the win here. What a victory! An absolutely wonderful end to one of the best games ever. Here they come, folks. The winners of the first tourn-