Halloween Town

Roxas stepped through a Corridor of Darkness, and sighed happily.

Though, after a short moment, his skin began to feel itchy.

He lifted his arm and scratched at his collar.

There was some weight on his head, and he felt puzzled.

He hadn't worn his hood in a long time. So why was there something on his head?

"Whoa, Roxas!"

Ikrux's voice sounded like a melody, even when he was in shock.

"Why'd you change your clothes?"

Oh, the magic!

It all made sense now. The magic he'd retained from Sora made it so they blended in.

He turned to look at Ikrux, and had to hold back his gasp.

Ikrux had been transformed too. Though, he looked more like a puppy than a monster.

He had ears atop his silver hair, that were a plain stone gray. His right ear was folded down, and the other sat upright.

His usually light skin had been toned with a gray shade, but his eyes were still bright teal.

Ikrux's outfit consisted of a pair of black, probably useless glasses with white swirls, that sat to a tilt just on his forehead. He had a dark gray button-up, and it had white frills around Ikrux's wrists.

His stone gray pants were loose around his ankles, and had white swirles around them. He had black boots, and, best of all, had a gray wagging tail.

"You've changed your clothes too, I see." Roxas said.

"I have?" Ikrux's mouth gaped in shock, revealing small, yet sharp fangs.

"Yeah. You look like a puppy!"

A really cute one, at that.

Ikrux's face turned a hint of red. "Oh.." he mumbled. He looked down and kicked the dirt.

Roxas smiled warmly. "You look cute, so don't worry about it."

His words came without thinking, and, once he registered them, immediately regretted it.

Did he seriously just call his best friend cute?

His face sparked with heat, and he deeply wish he could take back the words.

But it wasn't like they were lies.

Ikrux's face became more red.

"Y-you look nice too." He mumbled. "Being a scarecrow suits you."

I'm a scarecrow? Roxas looked around for a reflection of some sight.

There was the fountain in guillotine square.

"Hey, there's a fountain up ahead. We could.. take a look at ourselves."

The words didn't seem to reach Ikrux in his reverie, but his tail gave him away. It wagged at a rapid pace.

Ikrux perked up and looked down at his tail. "This thing has a mind of its own.." he mumbled.

His words made Roxas chuckle. "C'mon, let's go."

After taking a heartbeat to decide, he took his friend's hand and guided him through the gates, which groaned when it floated opened.

They stepped up to the fountain, and peered into the water.

Roxas looked at his reflection, and felt oddly satisfied.

Around the collar of his dirty white shirt was straw. The ends of his long sleeves had denim, and had straw sticking out.