14.5.43

*This letter is in no context to the rest of the book, this letter is going to be delivered to the wrong location *

14th May 1943
21 August Road
Liedale , Limering Town

Mr Warner,
I am writing to inform you of an emergency regarding my accounts I sent out to you just last week.
I had to pay the tax bureaucrat an astonish able 10 shillings, Sir. I do apologise for writing to you over your holiday but as you can see I am down quite a lot! Would you be able to take control of the situation for me as I am rather busy.
I will not rack you for more copper, had you resolve the issue by the early hours of Monday morning. I will cause no dispute over the error.
Yours Sincerely,
Mr Blythe

...and the last scribble commenced.
George Blythe was not one to make a fuss but my, was he in a huff. he was generally a well spoken gentleman.
George was a youthful and intelligent man, his work was required throughout all hours of the day. He spent his day designing houses and writing letters to clients.
He slugged down to the post office, one boot dragged as the other scraped. Whack, his abnormally large pile of letters was soon on the desk in front of him. He was not too impressed by the amount he had to pay for the stamps.
That was the end of his work shift, it was pitch black outside as if the night was well away but yet...it had only begun.