What if Google Suddenly Shut Down?

Google Inc had recently announced the immediate cancellation of all Google products, particularly regarding their worldwide famous search engine. The news came as a massive shock to the billions of consumers below the company's towering stature, with questions of why and what's next for the company filling everyone's minds. 

Despite almost everyone except for those within the company being left in the dark, you had a plan. See, your father had connections on the inside. Such connections as to score you a one way ticket to Sundar Pichai, The renowned CEO of Google. You, your determination flowing through your veins, opted to make it to the top to discover the secrets behind the takedown. Department after department, manager after manager, you slowly climbed the ranks to the ultimate leader of the mega corporation. 

Finally, you stood at the doors that held the vast secrets of the sudden takedown. When you entered the room, a downtrodden Sundar sat at his desk, glaring down at something. You approached him, ready to begin shouting and questioning him when suddenly you decided to glance down at the desk. 

A small stopwatch, quite old and worn, sat there, ticking down the very seconds that remained on its clock. 

"We had to." He spoke with deep regret filling his words. 

"Had to what?" You questioned. 

"We had to know. Our quest for knowledge would never be quenched, and they were prepared for that, but we weren't. They had to draw the line somewhere, and finding out the time of our demise crossed it." Thoughts swam through your head, though none stayed around long enough for you to properly analyze. Finally, one question came to mind. 

"H-how will we move on? The world, the people, everything! 

"We won't, you just have to embrace it." Before you could utter another word, the timer ticked down. Three, two, one.

Then everything went black.