The strangers in diversity

"Father, today our teacher told us about a species of stellar diversity, the Earthlings. Their time as a space faring was very small but why? Those bipedals were not advanced enough?" the alien child asked.

"No my child their end was sealed when they decided to conquer Betani confederacy." father replied. "You don't mean the guardians, do you?" the child asked. "Yess the guardians of the stellar balance, the infamous Betans, the beings with no defined structure, their limbs flew around them like an octopus and the colour that they are known to change as their will, their star is a dead one and their survival is almost a miracle, the whole civilization is sensitive, so sensitive they can perceive your fears, your desires and some even future." he replied.

"Did the Betans kill all the earthlings, father, but they are against all conflict, aren't they?" the child asked, her curiosity surging. "No, the ancient ones do not believe in violence, they surrendered and vouched for peace. The bipedal diplomat eathlings sent to negotiate brokered a treaty and they started to live side by side. Betans shared their colonies with the humans but not their home planet, each colony and facilty was offered as help and home but only if earthlings can refrain their population to the half the number of betans on each colony, habitat rings and pyramids were built for the earthlings to be comfortable. The Betans even mimicked the skin colour of humans and covered thier grotesque bodies in long clocks and hoods." father replied. The best deal human brokered was that the two civilizations will share their knowledge, or they so thought, he thought and continued "After some time Earthlings poured into the skies of Betans and enjoyed their hospitality. The deal was sealed and implemented on and humans won without even firing on a single Betan. Earthlings became more powerful than they ever were and they started making plans to conquer the other worlds.

"Father but Betani despise war, didn't try to stop earthlings?". the child asked. Of course they did not let earthlings conquer the stellar diversity, the thought filled him with disgust"We are free beings as you can see" he replied. "What happened after that, father?" the child asked. "The bipedal earthlings desired the ancient knowledge of the Betans but they didn't find a single book, record, computer or even any language." father replied. "Language? I don't understand, the Betans communicate through electric pulses, how come earthlings even brokered a treaty when they can't even communicate with Betans?", child asked in a confused voice

"Freyjdur, earthlings made treaty with the Betan confederacy not just betans.", he smirked. "Freyjdur are the puppet race of Betans, aren't they father", the child asked. "Yes my child, they are the beings, with no will and Betans control the Freyjdur's will and Freyjdur do their bidding. They have a talent with languages." he replied with a reassuring smile. "Then why did they prohibit the earthlings to inhabit the home planet, that's where the Freyjdur exist.", he continued. " No Freyjdur has ever survived anywhere for long but their homeplanet.", the endogenous child wondered. "Precisely, if earthlings ever gained the ancient knowledge of Betans they would have been unstoppable." the father said with a voice of contempt. "That's really smart but didnt earthlings eventually find out that they were cheated." the child asked. "How could they, my child, They were delivered everything that was promised, it was just that every time a Betan connected it's mind with a human, the human went insane with all the electricity flowing through their mind, Their puny minds weren't made for it.", he said with pride.

"Didn't Earthlings tried to bring a Freyjdur to mediate?" the child asked. "They never knew that Freyjadur existed. The Freyjdur also cloaked and hooded themsleves like Betans and in the the gloomy world of Betans, it was very hard to really differentiate between Freyjadur and Betans and no one told them too. Earthlings were so scared of how Betnas looked just during the first contact that most never tried and the ones who tried never found a Freyjdur, all they knew that some Betan learned their language for the diplomacy. None existed in the colony they searched in. A few of them went insane just in the sight of Betans the rest of them started loosing their sanity being confined in the artificial environment and the small population has exhausted their social options. Anything outside the habitat is toxic to their beings and the creatures that roam on those lands were so alien for the humans to socialize. The recourses got more and more scarced as those earthlings consume more than they can create.", he explained. The ones who sought knowledge and tried to connect with Betans got so disoriented that they dug holes in the habitat and went underground as they lost all their will and motivations." he continued.