Chapter One

Underline=Thoughts

Italic=Dramatic Talking ooooooooo

Bold=Loud Sound

"Don't worry about me, just worry about escaping"

It's been a while since my friend Komaru said that to me. A while since I left that apartment for the outside world. A million thoughts had been circling my head since I left. Is she okay? Has she escaped? Did she secretly blame me for leaving? I couldn't judge her for blaming me, after all, I blame myself.

The blood was leaking from the wound the Monokumas left me with despite my efforts to cover it. I knew I had to get off this island but I doubted even on the other side of the world I would find a living adult, much less a doctor to help me. I started walking without having an exact location in mind.

I looked up and saw the exact place I had been held, hostage all those months ago. Dang, how did I end up here again? I guess I could go inside and see if Komaru is okay. I heard a scream and raced up the stairs.

"Someone! Is anyone here?!"

A girl? So there were other hostages besides me and Komaru? I hid behind a corner and hoped that whoever was there couldn't hear my panting.

"The elevator!"

Wait... that voice sounds familiar...could it be? Is Komaru here? Does that mean she's safe? I looked around the corner and saw the face I had been longing for. The face I thought of all those nights when I couldn't sleep.

"......Komaru....."

I choked back a sob. Should I help her? I moved back around the corner. Just don't talk. If whatever is out there with her gets close enough to attack her, then you help.

"Hurry...Hurry!"

"BEARRRR!"

I knew now what was happening. She was being chased by one of those dumb bears! The same bears that were making me slowly bleed out. I felt my right hand move toward the scratch wound on my lower stomach. It's gone!? That's when the room started spinning.

CRASH!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

340 Words. This is a lot shorter than I thought it would be.