Chapter 1 - The favor

ANNE'S POV

I grew up serving the Montenegro's , my father was a personal driver to Sr. Marcus Montenegro, he raised me alone in a hut adjacent to the mansion. And at the same time Sr. Marcus was also separated with his wife, but many believed that it was a mere misunderstanding because ever since he never remarried nor being rumored to meet or being out with other women. Being a driver had given my father many favors, I was sent to prestigious schools since primary grade, as a reward also to my dad, who was very loyal to him. When my dad died, Sr. Marcus took me in as a personal assistant yet he treated me as his own, maybe because he missed his one and only son, whom was in distant, not only in location but by heart; I heard stories that Marcus Jr., never spoke with his father ever since he was bought to US by his mother, and most of the servers at the mansion believed that he was brainwashed by his mother about Sr. Marcus. Thus, I felt so lucky that Sr., Marcus took me, and that he never abandoned me when my died dad, despite being the only one left that's the reason why I owe him a lot. And one day, when he asked for a favor, I couldn't say no.

MARCUS' POV

Ever since my parents separated, I grew up with my mom; I heard horrible stories about my father and how he had several women, that's why my mom left. But even then, he never failed to support me and my mom, that's why I was able to finished my degree in business in NYU. But I wont be able to deny that all through the years we are away, not one of those days I forgot to loathe him for hurting my mother. And it anger me so much, when I heard that he is "living in" with his daughters driver. "This old man and his bitch has no shame."

And one day when he called that he wanted me to join him in running the company being the only heir, I agreed, I cannot let that bitch have his gold digger hands on what is mine.

ANNE'S POV

Everyone is excited for the coming of Sr. Marcus's son, which they sometimes called Marc, even Sr. Marcus himself was also excited after how many years of seeing him on pictures only, he must have missed him so much. Even if he was hated by his son so much, he is very happy to hear that he agreed to come home and run the business with him, without knowing what will truly happen when he arrives. I was the only one who knew about the plan, even though I would risk myself on it, I would do it, I owe my father's life and mine to the family.

MARCUS' POV

I arrived earlier than I and they expected, but from riding the plain till I landed here in the PH I had a gut feeling that this is not a good choice. I hurried at the mansion as soon as I landed and I'm a bit surprised that they prepared a lot for me. They all look so happy; the servants and my dad, but of course I am excited to know his conditions as to how I will acquire the company.

ANNE'S POV

An expensive car pulled out at the mansion's driveway, it was actually one of the Montenegro's vintage collection used to get Marc at the airport. I peeked at the window and I saw a tall, masculine, fair skinned, jet black haired guy emerged from the car. Looking at his physique now, much have changed from Marc since the last time I saw him back in highschool, when he visited here for the first and last time. And I fear that he would not like the conditions once he will knew it and once he will saw me.

MARCUS' POV

Everything was in hyped after my arrival, even my father; he keeps looking at me and randomly say that "you look very good", "you copied my dad's physique" being from Spanish lineage. And I had to admit that I must have really gotten it from him because even at his age he looks handsome, I would never wonder if he would swoon younger girls too. I broke the silence by asking him "So whats the catch?" "why all of a sudden you want me here?" he remained silent for a couple of minutes.