Chapstick

It's been 2 hours and Ranboo could already feel the cramps from sitting in the car for so long. He was able to lay down and have full reign over the back seats but it just made him dizzy for some reason.

They were visiting his dad's family, the Minecrafts. The trip takes 4 hours and they were just halfway through, his

"Ranboo," Techno said, pulling his attention from the buildings being passed by out the window. "could you get me my chapstick from the bag in the back?"

"Yeah, no problem." Bending down to the car mat to rummage through his father's bag, the young boy found a... candy? It looked weird, the wrapper was a gray-ish color and he couldn't find the name of the candy on it. It looked like a ring but was flat. "Dad, what's this?"

It seemed Dream was the first to notice, Ranboo being in his line of sight. A slight moment of surprise appeared but then went as fast as it came. Soon, the car was filled with barely suppressed chuckles from the driver. "It's nothing, just look for the chapstick, buddy."

Oh, right. In his confusion, Ranboo had forgotten what he was searching for.

Giving it to his dad, who thanked him, he watched the other take out the cap and start applying it on his lip.

"What's the flavor?" His father said as they stopped at a red light.

It seemed like they were going to be here for a while. A hundred and twenty seconds, a collective sigh is heard from both father and son. An eye roll was the sudden reply from the pinkette, who exasperated in mock anguish.

"So?" Dream asked, it seemed his husband had forgotten his original question.

"Oh, right" the other replied, being brought back from his stupor. "It's... "Candy cane" Techno said, reading from the tube. "I'm guessing you want to try it, that's why you're asking."

A fond chuckle was heard from the green eyed man. By now, Ranboo had zoned out from the conversation. Looking at the buildings passing by, it read "Schlatt", big and bold. There was another word behind it but Ranboo didn't need to know that.

Schaltt was his uncle's best friend so he knew who the man was. He was an ok guy, in Ranboo's unbiased opinion, Tommy seemed to have a strong distaste towards him though. He doesn't remember much more than his mutton chops and his son, Tubbo.

Glancing back at his parents, his father had leaned over from the driver's seat to plant his lips on the other's, and his hands supping Dream's face. Both smiling into the kiss. Drawing his eyes away and towards the light, "Dad, it's gonna be a green light in like, 10 seconds."

Continuing on with driving, his father had broken the comfortable silence with "You're right, it tastes nice."

What tastes nice? It seems to be right there but Ranboo just can't think of it, it's right there. He scrunched his face. The answer was right there, what was it? Breathing in to give his lungs some air, he can't think right now. So much is mush, what are they even talking about?

Looking towards his father who only responded the other with "Told you" smirk evident on his face.