《RUSH HOUR》

Winter season means shorter days, so even if it was just 6pm, the sun was already down. The streets were only lit up by the artificial lights coming from all the stores and restaurants of the city. 

His body covered by his warm coat, Kim Woojin walked out from the company’s office. He had had several meetings, recordings and rehearsals on the same day and was glad to be able to go home rather early. The only thing he wanted was to eat something warm, go home and settle in his sofa before falling asleep in front of some stupid TV shows. He walked to the parking lot where he had parked his car in the morning and checked his phone as he was settling behind the steering wheel. A message popped up at once, and Woojin opened it with a smile.

“You done? Free?”

The singer didn’t bother to type an answer and proceeded to call the sender right away.

“I guess that means you’re free?” a familiar voice asked as soon as it picked up.

“Yeah, I’m done for the day. I was about to drive home” Woojin answered, fondling the leather of the dashboard.

“No plans?”

“You had some?”

“I was hoping you would have some for me to be honest…” the voice said, sounding disappointed.

Woojin chuckled, he checked the time on his watch before thinking about his schedule for the next day. 

“We could… go eat something?” he finally said after hesitating for some time.

“You’re taking me on a date?” 

“I could come pick you up and we could go to a restaurant on the outskirts of Seoul?” Woojin offered, really hoping to hear a “yes” from the manly voice.

“Sounds good. I’ll wait for you then”

Woojin sighed as he put his phone aside on the passenger seat. He started the car and entered the right address on the GPS. He started singing along to the radio as he was driving through the city, and finally reached his destination after some time. He parked randomly near the right block of flats and texted his friend for him to get down. He couldn’t help but look around, hoping that no one would recognise his car but he also checked that no crazy fans were waiting outside the flat. Even if there wasn’t anything strange about them meeting, Woojin prefered to stay discreet. Some things are always better untold.

He started smiling when he recognised the blond guy coming out from the building, a big black coat on his shoulders, way too big for him. Even with a mask on his face, Woojin could have recognised him among a crowd. The man quickly spotted the singer’s car and walked faster to reach it, opening the passenger’s door to get in.

“Wow, it’s way warmer inside!” he said, rubbing his arms while shivering.

“Yeah, it’s freezing cold these days” Woojin answered, hardly able to hide the big smile on  his face.

The blond guy took off his mask and put it in his pocket before turning to face the driver.

“Do you think a kiss would be too much to ask?”

Woojin chuckled a little before tilting his head to reach the passenger’s lips.

“I’ve missed you…”

“I’ve missed you too. I’m sorry we couldn’t meet earlier, I’ve been rather busy.”

“It’s ok Gaho, I understand.”

“I know but what kind of boyfriend am I if I can’t make some time for my lover?” 

Woojin smiled and gently pressed his hand. He looked around and figured out it was time to move his car as it wasn’t parked well. Gaho noticed and entered an address on the GPS, the driver followed without asking any question about the place.