Ch. 3:ғᴀɪᴛʜ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ :: ˡᵃⁿᵍᵘᵃᵍᵉ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

You panted, hands on your knees as you took a moment to catch your breath. The young man had dragged you sprinting halfway across town, stopping only when the two of you were on the bridge spanning the Ganju river. You assumed he'd figured you had both run far enough and he stopped to allow you both to suck in great gasps of air. You grunted and pressed a hand to your burning ribs in an attempt to soothe the stitch in your side. Damn, this kid could run.

You glanced behind you, eyes widening as the black-haired man dropped to the ground on his hands and knees, his shaggy head hanging. Did he get hurt by one of those thugs when you ran away? Worried, you half-staggered over to him and placed your hand on his broad shoulder. "Hey, did they hurt you?"

The man let out a long, low groan. "A-Ah...damn. The coffee." He sighed and rose back to his feet gracefully, placing a hand on his hip and winking down at you. He extended his arm and offered you a hand up, which you gratefully accepted. You couldn't help it; a small laugh bubbled up from your throat. We were surrounded by knife-wielding gangsters, he saved my life, and he's worried about the coffee? What an odd young man.

He brushed off the knees of his skinny jeans and met your gaze. "Well, at least you're okay, yeah? I'm Jungkook, and you...are very lucky I heard you scream." He placed his hands behind his back and strode forward a few steps, closing the distance between you both. The scent of his cologne tickled your nose, and you couldn't help but notice under the streetlights how damned attractive he was. You blinked and smiled up at him, heart finally slowing from the fear and adrenaline that had been coursing through your veins for the past twenty minutes.

 You blinked and smiled up at him, heart finally slowing from the fear and adrenaline that had been coursing through your veins for the past twenty minutes

"Jungkook, I...can't thank you enough. I'm Y/N, but since you literally just saved my life, feel free to call me whatever the hell you'd like." You laugh and an answering smile lifted the corners of Jungkook's full mouth. You noticed his lower lip was busted, but it looked a few hours old; at least he didn't get hurt saving you. "I really appreciate you coming to my rescue back there, but I think it's probably safe enough now for me to find my own way home from here. You don't need to trouble yourself any further."

You slipped a hand into your purse and fished around for a second, grabbing your wallet. You pulled out a few bills and pressed them into Jungkook's large hands, ignoring his protests. "Here, for the coffee you so gallantly discarded on my behalf." 

Geez. If I wasn't a coffee lover before, I sure as hell am now. Jungkook shook his head and folded the bills, trying to give them back to you, but you hurriedly closed your wallet and shoved it back into your purse. The young man frowned slightly, and to your shock, he snaked a muscled arm around behind you and slipped the bills into your back pocket, a small smirk on his lips.