back then

back then we would play. All day. In the sun. Maggie would come out and take her away. She always shared her blocks. She was always interested in the the heart symbol one though.

I loved the heart one, but I loved the umbrella. I loved rain. My mom would bring out my sparkling green rain boots. I would jump in puddles, Billie would sometimes, but was scared on getting her dresses dirty.. I never wore dresses.

My mom dressed me in my green dresses, I liked green a lot.when we went to family reunions, we invited Billies whole family.

Finneas would always show his guitar and play a little tune. My mom would laugh by Finneas dropping his microphone, nobody else did. She explained it's weird humor, she just doesn't like him. I can tell.

When she put on those dresses I would cry and throw my arms up, unable for her to put it on. I hated dresses. Especially the ones that show your knees. My knees were always scraped, with bandaids and bruises.

"I don't wanna mom.."
She yells so loud I have to cover my ears, "If you don't wear a dress you won't ever find a husband!"
"You will look like a slob!"

But now I realize, dresses honestly make me look wanted and like a sl*t.

( I learned that word when Maggie would make vegan sl*tty brownies )