Ch. 4:ᴘᴀᴄᴛ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀ ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢ :: ˡᵃⁿᵍᵘᵃᵍᵉ

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Yoongi strode into his office, running a slim hand through his hair. He'd spent the better part of the night at the police station, being questioned. He knew they had Jungkook somewhere in there, too, but he hadn't seen his assassin, having been stuck in a small 5x5 interrogation room the entire time. He blew out a breath through pouted lips and massaged his temples, trying to rub away the headache that was beginning to pound in earnest.

He opened his eyes at the deep but polite clearing of a throat, gaze snapping over to the window. His features softened slightly at the sight of the man standing there. "Ah, hey Joon."

"I thought for sure the cops would keep you and JK for another few hours at least

"I thought for sure the cops would keep you and JK for another few hours at least." Namjoon tilted his head to the side, a few strands of blonde hair falling into his face as he smiled at his Boss, cheeks dimpling.

"Well. Thanks for lawyering them to death until they let us go. Knew there was a reason the Bangtan Boys footed that exorbitant law school bill of yours." Suga pulled out his phone and swiped through his notifications, making sure he hadn't missed anything too terribly important while he was away. Eyes still on his cell, he ran his tongue across his lower lip. "The Boys get into any trouble while I was gone?"

To Yoongi's chagrin, Namjoon's head sunk as he brought his hand up to his forehead. "You could say that, yeah. Seems as if JK brought home a...stray. Again."

Suga let out a long-suffering sigh and turned his eyes up to the ceiling, as if begging whatever god would listen to save him from the folly of his maknae. Dammit. Yoongi leveled a cool gaze at Namjoon, who still wouldn't meet his eyes. "Christ. Some assassin he is, always bringing home injured animals and lost little human lambs." He blew out a sharp breath. 

"Ah, hell. Let's just hope we won't have to end up killing this one, too." Suga angrily gestured for the lawyer to lead the way, pushing his silver-grey hair back from his face. The multiple earrings threaded through his earlobes caught the light of the early-morning sun peeking in through the blinds. "Well. Let's go get this over with, then. Lead on."

Namjoon nodded and led the way out of the study, Yoongi close on his heels. Like the Boss had said, the lawyer desperately prayed that Jungkook hadn't gotten too far in over his head again.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Jungkook stood protectively behind a young woman, almost hovering over her. He stood close, his elbow and the back of his forearm pressed snugly against the girl's side, as if offering wordless comfort. Yoongi's tongue rolled in his mouth, pressing against the inside of his cheek in irritation. My assassin is an idiot.