Thank You

Almond Cookie grumbled tiredly. Dawn was starting to set in, setting his tired tone. He had been working on a case all day, trying to figure things out. Driving to places, investigating, interrogating.. This wasn't the first time he'd spent a whole day working on a case like this. He was tuckered out in those cases, too. He yawned. He tried to focus on his work, but he just couldn't. He laid back in his chair, frustrated. "Goddamn, I'm tired." He mumbled. He forced himself to take a sip of the cheap coffee his department gave. He smacked his lips a couple of times.

Still so much time, yet he felt like crashing onto a bed. He shook his head, looking at the files and documentations of the case he was working on again. "Let's see.." he muttered, starting to think again.

As soon as he had started, though, a noise snapped him out of his thoughts. Someone knocked at the door a couple of times. Almond Cookie sighed, sitting up straight. He donned on his coat and straightened his tie. "Come in!" He shouted.

A moment later, another Cookie walked through the door, closing it behind her. "Oh. Hey, Latte." Almond greeted her.

Latte set her staff down, leaning it next to the door. "Hey, Almond. Are you alright?"

Almond laid back in his chair again, feeling a little more relaxed. He made a stretching noise and said, "Yup. All good, Latte."

Latte looked at his desk, looking at all the things he was working on. He felt bad for the guy. So much work, almost all the time. He hardly ever had a moment to himself. "Almond," She started, although trailed off when she noticed an image on the corner of his desk.

"Hm?"

Latte looked at the small picture, picking it up softly and turning it right side up. "You still have this image, Almond?"

Almond felt a little embarrassed. It was the image Cream Puff Cookie had taken of him and her during her graduation. It had been a few months since then. "Yeah, I do." He said slowly. "I've been meaning to get it framed."

Latte chuckled a little. "Months later and you still haven't gotten it framed?"

Almond sighed, leaning forward and using his desk as support for his head. "Been too busy with work to get it done."

Latte's face morphed into a slightly concerned one. "Almond.." she quietly, softly said. "Have you been overworking yourself?"

Almond rolled his eyes, shaking his head lightly. "I wouldn't say that, Latte. Just doing what my job calls of me." He yawned.

"What about Walnut Cookie, Almond? Have you been taking care of her, too?"

Almond growled lowly, closing his eyes. "I've been.. doing my best, Latte. Trust me."

Latte sighed. "I trust you've been doing your best, dear, but.." she looked at his eyes. "With how much you've been working, especially recently, is it enough for her?"

Almond grunted, balling his hands into fists.

Latte looked at him, sadly. She then looked at his closed curtains, behind him. She walked behind him, he watched her. She opened up the curtains. "Isn't the sunset so beautiful, Almond?" She looked at the scene in front of her with a bright smile. "You oughta take a break."

Almond shook his head. "No, Latte. That'd be foolish."

Latte grabbed the chair in front of his desk and dragged it behind him, in front of the window. "It's more foolish to not take care of yourself, old man." She teased. "Sit with me for a while. Enjoy the view, would you?"

Almond grumbled. "You're so persistent." He turned his chair around and rolled it by the window, next to her.

"Yet you give in." She laughed.