Pointers to remember while Preparing for CDS Exam

The CDS exam is held twice every year by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit candidates into the vacant defence services seats in India. The CDS exam is tentatively held in the month of February. The candidates who are selected are placed in the Navy, Armed forces and Police forces respectively. The CDS exam is a dream come true for any candidate who wants to pursue a career in the defence network in India.

Benefits of Cracking CDS.

Working in the premier defence systems in India is a powerful and rewarding career opportunity. Let us look at a few perks of cracking the CDS exams.

Transport allowance: Rs. 3,200/- + DA p.m. in A-1/A class cities and Rs. 1,600/- + DA.

High Altitude Allowance: Rs 1,060 p.m. to Rs 11,200 per month.

Dearness Allowances(DA): According to the Grade of Post held by the officer.

Siachen Allowance: Rs 14,000/- per month.

Highly Active Field Area Allowance: Rs 6,780/- to Rs 8,400/- p.m.

Compensatory Modified Field Area Allowance: Rs 1,600/- to Rs 2,000/-

Compensatory Field Area Allowance: Rs 4,200/- to Rs 5,200/- p.m.

Other than these benefits, the officers will be provided with insurance, medical claim and officers canteen services. To successfully crack the CDS exam, you need to understand the exam pattern in detail. Let us see the CDS exam pattern.

CDS Exam Pattern.

The CDS exam is written into 2 different sections. The first one is the Written Exam & the second one is the Interview and Personality Test.

CDS Written Exam Pattern

Sl No.

Subject

Duration / Marks

Total

1.

English

2 Hours / 100

2.

General Knowledge

2 Hours / 100

6 hours / 300 Marks

3.

Elementary Maths

2 Hours / 100

O.33 marks will be reduced for all the wrong answers in this section of the CDS exam.

CDS OTA Written Exam.

Sl No.

Subject

Duration / Marks

Total

1.

English

2 hours / 100

4 hours / 200 marks

2.

General Knowledge

2 hours / 100

O.33 marks will be reduced for all the wrong answers in this section of the CDS exam.

CDS Exam Interview.