Followed

She turned back and looked to see if the man was still there. He had vanished, but Valori still didn't feel secure. Slowly increasing her pace, she continued to glance back occasionally. As the rain dripped off of her face mimicking tears, she pulled out her phone. Valori was shaking as she sent a text to her sister, Naomi.

"Meet me at the place. We need to talk."

     As the message was sending she began to hear the steps behind her again. Practically running, Valori was panting with fear. She was running down the streets of Brooklyn, New York. As the "place" came into her line of sight, she sprinted with overwhelming relief that she made it there without getting murdered.

     "Hey Naomi." Valori spoke while still gasping for air.

     "What the hell happened to you?!" Naomi replied with concern.

     "I was being followed again. I don't even feel safe in the comfort of my home anymore." Valori said with sadness.

     "Tomorrow we'll go into the city and pack up your apartment. I have already been planning this and I already have rent due in a home in Tennessee. It will be a new start for the both of us. And you can leave this creeper of yours behind." Naomi said with assertiveness.

     "Okay we'll wait until morning." Valori answered.

                           Next Morning

     "Valori, get your lazy ass up!" Naomi shouted.

     Valori sat up in bed and yelled to her sister that she would be there in a moment. She needed to decide if she just wanted to leave her stuff in her apartment or return to the city and get it. Valori realized that if she headed back into town she would put her and her sister at risk of being followed. She went downstairs to tell her sister that she did not want to return and retrieve her stuff.

     "Sis, I really don't want to go back in town and get my stuff. Can we just leave?" Valori pleaded.

     "I don't see why not." Naomi answered.

     The two girls got into the 1967 Chevy Impala and drove about 100 miles before Naomi had noticed a vehicle that had been following them for a long time now.

     "Uhm... Valori..?" Naomi spoke with a fearful tone.

     "What?" Valori answered.

     "There is a.... HOLY SHIT!" Naomi shouted.

     Both of the girls screamed their last screams as their vehicle was rammed into. The impact was so rough that both of the girls lost their lives. The follower had followed them from New York. Naomi actually passed away 2 years before the car accident. Valori had imagined her sister being there. The follower represents alcohol. Valori had been drinking to get over the grief of losing her sister.

     Now re-read knowing the information I just gave you.