𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛs

17 : Battle Of The Wits

BLUE STARED INTO BROWN AS THE TWO SWANS STOOD ACROSS FROM EACHOTHER

BLUE STARED INTO BROWN AS THE TWO SWANS STOOD ACROSS FROM EACHOTHER. Logan had broken about ten traffic laws to get to the Cullen's home, where he knew his niece was.

And now he stood in the living room of the giant glasshouse, glaring down at his niece who kept her arms crossed over his chest. Alec had traveled back to the house to spend time with Jane, though Logan suspected he didn't want to be around the Cullens.

"You're being hunted, and I had to hear it from Paul? Paul! You didn't think to tell me?!" He fumed and Bella bit her lip.

"I have it handled-"

"Isabella Marie Swan!"

Edward stepped forward, wrapping his arm around his mate. "Don't yell at her."

Unfortunately, that only angered the two Swans further as they both turned to him and yelled. "Stay out of it!"

"Logan," Carlisle spoke up. "Bella thought that it would be safer for you if you stayed out of it."

"Carlisle, I mean this in the nicest way possible." Logan gave the doctor a tight smile. "Please let me and my niece talk about this."

"Logan, if something were to happen to you - I would never forgive myself." Bella put a hand on her uncle's arm, causing Logan to rub at the bridge of his nose in exasperation.

"Bella, you're my niece. I'm supposed to protect you - not the other way around." The Fae sent the brunette a look, before turning to Carlisle. "I will be speaking to a few of my closest friends - I will ask them for their assistance- "

"Uncle Logan, no-"

"- And you young lady, are grounded. I can't believe you would keep this from me."

"I was just trying to keep you safe," Bella mumbled, and Logan smiled - bringing the teenager into a hug.

"I know you were, and I appreciate that - but you're my niece and I will always keep you safe."

"Okay, not that this isn't sweet - but who are you exactly?" The voice came from a large vampire who was standing beside a blonde woman who could aphrodite a run for her money.

"My name is Logan Swan, and I assume you too are Emmett and Rosalie?" He held out his hand and while Emmett returned the handshake, Rosalie merely gave him a tense smile.

"Logan Swan? You're Astrid's little boy?" Carlisle breathed out in shock and Logan chuckled, clapping the blonde on the shoulder. "The last time I saw you, you were crying in your mother's arms."

"I was a newborn back then, doc." The Fae chuckled.

"Wait a minute!" Bella blanched when she took in the words. "You two know each other?!"

"I was the one to deliver Logan." Carlisle smiled and looked back to Logan who was greeting Jasper and Alice. "It was an honor to help bring the future Prince of the Faes into the world. Astrid didn't trust anyone else to do it, and I was good friends with Logan's uncle, God rest his soul."

"YOU'RE A KING!!" Bella couldn't help but laugh at Emmett.

'Maybe things will be okay now.'

ALEC STARED WIDE-EYED AT HIS SISTER

ALEC STARED WIDE-EYED AT HIS SISTER. When Logan had dropped him off at the house, he had informed Jane about Victoria - which led Jane to inform him about the Newborn army she was making to kill the Cullens and Bella.

“Sister, we have to tell Logan.” Alec stressed and Jane scoffed. 

“Alec, this is a chance for Master Aro to get what he wants - besides if she fails, then we will kill her.” Jane shrugged and her twin looked down. 

“But, if she kills Bella - Logan will-”

“My God Alec, do you hear yourself?” The blonde glared at her brother and Alec looked away from her. “Have you forgotten who you are? A year ago you would gladly stand by and watch the Cullen’s be slaughtered.”

“A year ago, I didn’t know who my mate was.”

“And what does that matter, Alec? Did you forget where you belong?”

The brunette looked down. He wanted so badly to tell her how happy he was, how much he had come to see that he was only being used as a weapon in the Volturi. But as much as he wanted to - he couldn’t upset her. She was always there for him when he needed her - he owed her this much. 

“No sister, I didn’t.” Alec growled coldly, and Jane smirked.

“Good.”

fun fact, Henry Cavill and Kellan Lutz were in a movie together called The Immortals!