prom night

Listen to Cherry Wine by grentperez while reading to have a better experience!

ʕ •ᴥ• ʔ

At the prom, you sit alone watching all your friends with their other halfʻs dance together, having so much fun, you can just tell by their faces. It looks nice to have someone to be with during the prom, but you sit there with nobody but yourself on the bleachers as the music blasts out of the speakers.

Conversations filled with laughs and joy, you get a drink for yourself. Walking to the table filled with food, you grab a small can of soda and make your way back to the bleachers. As you do, you see him.

He walks into the gym in a suit, looking really really good. Like, jaw-dropping. You get a sense of happiness just seeing him, knowing he is there. But, your happiness disappears as soon as you see him approach her.

"What am I doing.. what was I thinking.. itʻs okay, as long as everyone is happy everything going to be okay, right?" you think to yourself looking down at your can of soda with a bit of loss in your eyes.

You look back up to see him smiling with her. She knew your feelings for him and yet, there they are. She hugs him and looks you dead in the eyes as if it was on purpose, trying to make you jealous. Instead, you smile.

She looks at you in disbelief and then continues to talk with him. You are a tad bit heartbroken, but you wonʻt show it. A sign of weakness will not help the situation you think to yourself.

He then begins to walk toward the bleachers. You look at him, mesmerized by his looks. He walks up the bleachers inching closer and closer until he is standing right in front of you. Snapping out of that enchanting gaze, you look at him and he looks at you, giving you a soft smile. Your soul leaves your body from the amount of CUTENESS THIS MAN GIVES. He plops himself next to you and you scotch away from him to give him space.

:・゚✧(=✪ ᆺ ✪=):・゚✧

You scotch yourself to the end of the bleachers. 

And he scotches towards the end of the bleachers, right next to you. 

Then, the two of you make eye contact.

"Hey"

"What kind of drink you got there?" he asks.

Some soda I got from the drink table.. area.. thing... heh... it's labeled Cherry Wine for some reason though, but it tastes pretty good.

"Haha nice, nice.." he says.

"Say, why arenʻt you on the dance floor? with the rest of your friends?" he then asks, wondering what you doing all alone on the bleachers.

"Oh, well I donʻt know how to dance, and I donʻt wanna spoil the party for them so I just watch them dance with their other halfʻs you know? Since I donʻt have another half, just ended up not doing anything" you explain to him.

He looks at you as you say this to him, being fully attentive to your words.

"Really? You didnʻt get asked to the prom?" he questions.

"Yeah, it's alright though" you respond with a small chuckle. Then you ask "How bout you though? Where is your date to the prom?"

He pauses before answering somewhat stuttering his thoughts, as you take a sip of your soda he answers with "Well hopefully the woman sitting right in front of me, that is if she says yes".

PFFFTTT- Your soda goes flying everywhere to the right of you. Luckily there was nobody sitting over there on the bleachers. "Excuse me, I donʻt think I hear you right.. Uhm HUH?" you say with surprise and embarrassment in your voice.

"Will YOU be my date to this prom? Although we're already here, I should have asked you a little while ago... BUT at least I am asking you now! Sooo..? What shall it be missy" he says with a funny voice.

₊˚ ♡ 🍰 ⋆ ˚。🐈⋆୨୧˚

You die inside not knowing how to respond.

"...yeah... I'd love to be your date to the prom.." you say with a smile, really excited on the inside.

He looks in the opposite direction. Although you couldn't see his face, he was bright red like a tomato. Currently, on the outside he says "Great!! My day just got a lot better because of you" but on the inside, he is thinking...

 "SHE SAID YES? BRO WHAT HOW.. I DID NOT THINK IʻD MAKE IT THIS FAR WITH HER.. THIS IS THE GREATEST NIGHT EVER.. WOOOOO LES GOOO YES". 

He takes your hand unknowingly and leads you to the gym floor

"OHH no no no... As I said, I can't dance heh" you tell him, hesitant to go with him.

"It's okay, I'll teach you on the dance floor" he responds leading you to the middle of the gym. The gym was playing slow dance music at the moment, so he grabbed you by the hip, places your hands around his neck, and you both sway to the music.

You're both laughing from you two being kind of bad really at this slow dancing thing, so you just take it slow and look at each other, having fun. There were no worries, no embarrassment, nothing. Everything was just.. nice.

You two dance the night away stumbling on each other, accidentally stepping on each other's feet in the process, of course.

Then, as the gym becomes empty and the prom is over you two go on a little walk together. Talking about anything at all that comes to mind. This conversation you have with him is filled with laughs and joys.

It was amazing. The two of you bonded even more than before. Now, you two are closer than ever, waiting for another chance to be together and dance, over a can of soda labeled Cherry Wine.

★ ⭐︎ ★