Two can play that game

"If you don't put that down right now, this will end in a blood bath"

You rolled your eyes and glanced at the man in the corner. He was in a black suit and wore a matching black tie. But his black lifeless eyes made you feel some sort of attraction towards him. His dark hair fell on his face and covered just a little bit of the scar around his eye.

He would have been your type if you hadn't known that he tried to kill your family the other night.

"It's just a pen, not a gun. Calm down", you said and let it slip in your bag.

He raised an eyebrow and sighed.

"They will watch every step of yours. Be careful, what you say and do."

"Oh, I know exactly what words I should choose and how to control my actions, unlike you", you answered sharply and sat down on a chair.

You liked the tension between you two since the beginning. Since the first time you met. He was the first that gave you shivers.

"What do you mean, Y/N?"

He didn't like your reply. He didn't like not knowing exactly what you had in mind, because he was afraid.

So he just stared into your eyes and tried to find a flaw.

"I will always be three steps ahead of you. Didn't you try to kill my family? Well, They're already out of town in a secure place to watch you fail. You also tried to steal my big deal? I already did two others and can easily overtake you. Try to murder me on this fake Mafia meeting? Yeah, already saw this coming and kidnapped your beloved sister. Now what?"

Pretty sure you shut him down for a long time, he did something you couldn't see coming.

You weren't anywhere near three steps ahead of him. You had no backup plan. You had not thought this through enough.

But you also didn't try to stop it.