P R O L O G U E

*Note: I am restarting and rewriting this. It doesn't reflect my writing style now correctly and so there is a huge divide between how I wrote the earlier chapters and how I wrote the later ones and I now have a completely new idea for the direction I want to take this. Hopefully I can get quite a few published for you guys to read :) Sorry for any inconvenience*

I stared ahead at the boy in front of me with a blank stare.

Tears had long stopped falling from my eyes but they still felt heavy as I refused to look away.

His hair was dark and unruly, slightly longer than when we first met, his face as beautiful as ever and on full display with his mask off. His famous white tee was almost completely covered in blood now, but not all of it was zombie.

The only word I could think to describe the look on his face was hopeless.

The others around us murmured quietly as they watched our stare off, nervous of what we might do. Of what I might do.

I loved this boy in front of me, I couldn't deny that.

But what had happened weighed heavy on me, and the mere sight of his face looking at me that way tore my heart completely to shreds.

When we first met I had been so untrusting and yet he had tore down my walls and became the person I trusted most. And now look at us.

I should have stuck to my rules. No new people, trust no one.

"Nora..." his voice trailed off, pain lanced in every letter of my name.

I didn't answer, I couldn't.

I glanced around the people surrounding us, my eyes instantly focusing on my group, my family.

They were in this mess because of me, again.

I had done this, I was always putting them at risk. I ruined everything for them. I should've left them long ago, they wouldn't been safer.

"Nora..please look at me." My eyes drifted to look at him upon his request, his voice desperate as he tried to get my attention.

I couldn't bare the look in his eyes, seeing him in pain hurt worse than anything that had happened here.

How did things go so wrong?

"I'm sorry."