chapter 1

"Shashi come outside, the groom is here ."

I hear my elder sister Madhvi, calling me from outside of my chamber. I am sitting in front of my dresser getting ready for my marriage. The marriage , I know nothing about. I haven't even seen the face of my soon to be husband. I just know his name , Rajkumar Rajvardhan Pratap . I have heard from my personal maids that he is very ruthless and have no mercy on his enemies. He had never loss any battle . Everyone says he is very much intelligent and handsome too.

I don't know what will happen to me after the marriage. I am not fair like my sister and brother, I am dusky and slim. I have long wavy hairs that reaches below my hips. I have average height and curves.

Right now my personal maids are making me wear my bangles and anklets. After placing the heavy dupatta on my head and hiding my face by it, I stand to go outside.

"Come Shashi, we are already getting late."

I am too anxious to answer her.Jiji takes me towards the wedding hall, where everyone are waiting for us.

As I entered the hall , I can see through my veil that my father and mother are waiting near the mandap. My gaze got pulled towards a handsome man standing near my parents. As I got near them, I realised he is my husband.

I don't know if he can see my eyes through the veil or not , but his eyes are pinned on me.

The wedding rituals started, the pandit started spiling mantras . After that he told Rajkumar Rajvardhan to fill vermilion in my hair partition. I got nervous because my veil is being lifted and my face is now revealed to him. I keep looking at his chest and didn't dare to lift my eyes. After that he placed wedding chain around my neck. We are now officially husband and wife. I am tied to him for forever. From now on my life and freedom are his.

My veil being pulled down to cover my face and I am glad for it because I am on verge of breaking into tears. All my life I had be neglected by my parents and siblings . I don't know why they never show any affection towards me , all I wanted was there love . Today they gave me someone for the sake of money and people of our kingdom.

As the wedding ended, I am pulled towards maa and pitaji to bid fairwell. We both touch their feets to take there blessings. Next we go towards Maharaja Singh to take there blessings.

" May lord Krishna keep his hand on both of you and your future be bright ."
My father in law says with warmth in his eyes. I would have never imagined the king to be this affectionate towards someone, let alone me.

Later I was made to sit in the palanquin and we started walking towards Sinhagad . The journey to Sinhagad will last for two days. In which we will rest one night in Mahakali temple.

We reached the temple by the time it got dark. The servants were busy setting up the tent and the maids were busy preparing the food. I was taken to my tent which was much bigger than the other tents.

I started waiting there for some instructions because I had no idea what to do. I was waiting there and then suddenly someone lifts the curtain and comes in.

My husband comes in and suddenly I feel very nervous. As soon as our eyes meet, we both stand stunned.