Chapter 1

My parents are divorced, and I grew up with my mom, sometimes visiting my dad. I was going to move to Forks, where dad lived, for a longer period of time and had to leave from the airport at four o'clock in the afternoon. When I arrived, my dad greeted me at the airport, and helped me carry my luggage. I was anxious to go home, after a 5 hour flight, from Florida to Forks.  When we finally arrived home, Dad wanted to make dinner. Unfortunately he only knew how to make salad or baked beans out of the can. I was very shy, just like him, that was the reason why we didn't talk much. I tried enjoying the simple dinner as much as I could. After supper, Dad showed me my room.
"Is this ok for you?" He mumbled at me
"Sure..!" I told him lying. He did not change my room from when I was 4 years old.  I still had my barbies, my doll house, and my small bed, where I hardly fit in now.There was only 1 thing that changed. Dad had washed and changed my bed cover. It was now purple with black patterns,but I did not want to tell him that purple was the color I hated the most. He also got me one of those computers with a giant box behind it, which looked more ancient than ever.
That night, I could not fall asleep because of the raindrops banging against my window, making an echo in my room. I could never sleep with the noise of the rain, since I grew up in a city where it hardly ever rained.  I kept on turning around, always banging my foot at the edge of the bed. Every time I turned, my wooden bed squeaked, which woke me up even more. After a couple of hours I finally fell asleep...
The next morning, when I woke up, I expected sunlight to be flooding my room, like always, but unfortunately it was raining again. When I went downstairs, I heard my dad make breakfast. When I entered the kitchen, I saw a delicious breakfast on the table. There were cut strawberries, toasts, cheese and marmalade on the table.
"God morning Mia!" He said to me in a soft voice
"God morning dad" I said sounding very tired
"How did you sleep?" He asked curiously
"Well, the rain was very loud and irritating, but everything else is fine" trying to not mention the problems with the bed.
"Dad, look, I just want you to know that I love you very much, but maybe you could try to treat me like a 16 year old girl!" I tried not sounding rude
"Ok, I'll try. I just have to get used to you being grownup"
We had the amazing breakfast, that Dad made for me, where it seamed liked we tried hard NOT to talk with each other.
After 2 days I tried switching on the computer, that dad gave to me. I was very surprised that it worked. Before I could do something, I had to blow off all the dust, so I could see something. I checked my mail, and heard a really weird noise. It took me a while to discover that it was a notification of the email. I had gotten two mails from my mum:
"Hi Mia,
Did you arrive safely?
Let me guess, it's raining again right?  Does dad have a good attitude?
I miss you
Your mom"

"Mia, why aren't you answering? I'm starting to get worried.
If you don't answer, I'm going to call dad!!
Your mom"

I decided to answer, so mom doesn't get worried:
"Hi mom,
"Calm down. I needed a bit of time to unpack, so I didn't switch on the computer.
It's raining here, like you said and dad acts like always. We don't talk much, but I am trying to enjoy the time I am here as much as I can.
I'm going to write again soon,
Your beloved Mia"